Ubik advice

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Dave85, Jun 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dave85

Dave85 Member

Hi guys got a one off clean to do tomorow and my Ubik arrived today so just needing a bit of advice on how to use it I also have a 1ltr spray bottle to dilute some Ubik and water into.so am I right in thinking that I spray some onto the brush and scrub the frames then rinse well? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Neil

Neil Grand Master

That's what I do but if you can spray it on to the frames and glass and scrub as normal then rinse thoroughly that's the best way just don't leave it a long time to dry

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If it's just a first clean on windows spray on to the brush
    Brush it all over the frame sill and glass on the tops and then turn the water on to scrub and rinse properly (above frame..frame..sill and glass in one)
    Do the next top one and then go back to the previous one and rinse the glass only to make sure the ubik has gone and the glass is properly rinsed

Spray the window and frame on the bottoms not the brush and do the same as the tops

4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Ten parts water to one part ubik should do the trick. Spray directly onto ground floor windows and a couple of sprays on the brush for the first floor windows.

Make sure you rinse the hell out of it once you've finished scrubbing, especially the top frame and the section above it.

I've had a few problems with ubik recently where, even after loads of rinsing, I've not quite got rid of it all and it's left milky streaks on the glass. It seems to happen more on warmer days.

I'd do the lot, one window at a time, and then go back and check them over just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

5. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

we never mix water with it as its not that strong . but like the rest say never let it dry on as its a mare to rince off but were very confredent in using it so at first if I was you I would go 50/50

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

What do you mean it's not that strong??
    It won't do any harm neat as i have been known to use it neat but it will have the same effect with just an inch or 2 in a 1l spray bottle
    No need to waste the stuff as it will do the job weaker
    I did a conny roof in the rain earlier with just the last couple of inches that were left in a 5l container added to a full gardiners backpack of tapwater
    Turned the flow on low
    Scrubbed each panel briefly to get the ubik into everything and then scrubbed and rinsed with tapwater and final rinse with pure
    Took me a whole half hour start to finish
    20160601_120029.jpg
    Did this one with Damo on monday and used a 1l spray bottle each to spray the brush and that was well diluted
    Reckon we didn't even use half a litre of mixed ubik/water between us for the whole job and they had had the builders in before us to make a mess 20160530_110021.jpg

7. Dave85

Dave85 Member

Ok that's great thanks for the fast reply s. I've done a few conservatory cleans and one off cleans lately bit thought I would give Ubik a try and hope it speeds things up a bit.thanks once again.

8. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

You use neat. 20 or 25 to 1 is strong enough don't have any problems even on really black and green soffits **** just falls off when rinsing.

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

2 inches in a 5l container poured into a 22l backpack is a lot less than 25:1 and it did a perfect job
    It is stronger than people realise
    I do tend to spray it on then agitate with no water turned on then do the usual scrub n rinse
    Usually spray it on and then have a quick break
    Then when i go back it has done it's job

10. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I agree. Absolutely no need to be using it neat. 10:1 in a spray bottle and 25:1 in the backpack is more than enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement