Ubik on Guttering

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by paul1, Apr 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Hi

what is the best way to apply ubik or chemical to gutters and fascias if and when needed?

been told by some to just dip brush in water and the chemical but is there away of using an high reach pump sprayer or something to spary the ubik on and leave before washing? not planning on using ladders if possible?

would the gardiner backback be able to be used in someway or please recommend best ways?

cheers

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

For higher stuff you can make a cheap wfp sprayer out of an old wfp, pump up sprayer or electric backpack sprayer.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm sure it would work the same way with a wfp with a fan jetted brush you use for the job just by swapping over the the pole hose to a backpack or or by using a two way stop connector when you want to apply chems. That way you only need to use one wfp and can scrub it at the same time or most of the chem you apply will run off onto the floor/windows etc.

No supplier as of yet has come up with an addon simple pole systems to apply chems that way using a backpack sprayer and pure from one pole. It would be no good having a seprate spray nozzle attached to the brush externaly as would just get in the way when wanting to scrub awkward areas down.

Maybe the likes of Alex Gardiner might be interested to supply such a thing in the future. Who knows :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

What I have and use is a 5.4 metre telescopic pre sprayer which when collapsed takes up no room in the van, just make my solution up in a 8L pre sprayer and spray all the area, leave for a few mins to do it's magic then rinse and scrub using WFP. 5.4 metres I find is plenty for most standard houses.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Got any pics of the sprayer setup you use?

6. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Thats a photo of the one I use, attaches to most pre sprayers, it's a handy little tool.

Attached Files:

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks, Where did you buy that from?

8. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I got it from moss killers. If you look on there under the tab sprays and equip its on the 1st page at the bottom.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nice one :thumbsup:

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

What pre spray chem do you find works best on plastics Trev81

Advertisement