Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Larger the garden & flowers = more ££?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Alien Human

Had a lightbulb moment today realising that I spend more time cleaning houses that have well maintained gardens, lots of flowers, trees etc.

More cobwebs, insect poop, bird poop, grass etc etc therefore using more water & taking more time.

Basically I'm asking if others consciously quote more if customers have lovely, pretty gardens and therefore more 'nature muck' on the windows, frames & sills?

I Price all customers at same prices meaning fair and comparable prices for all, dont do mansion tax, garden tax or whatelse we Got, never had Any problems keeping the set time for the job.

I do car tax!!!Range rovers,Porsches etc price gets banged up coz I'm jealous!!!!!
Don't bother coming round for a pint then @Eviestevie. Can't have you parking the van next to Bently now. /emoticons/tongue.png

On a serious note Steve a local windy to me suffered a serious injury to his foot in a former line of work, decent comp payouts etc. Whilst he was on the mend they supplied him with one of those new little Citroens as a run about, worth around £20k.

He starts back on the mend and takes up window cleaning, does his collections in the Citroen no one says a word.....saves up some cash and buys himself a 55 plate X-Type Jag..... value £1000. All of a sudden all the custy comments start....'oh your doing allright' 'oh you must be overcharging' etc. Just shows you really cant win. /emoticons/smile.png)

I did order that van we discussed btw. Collect it next weekend. /emoticons/smile.png

Sorry back on thread.

I charge more if the garden is full of old junk and dog turds etc as I dont like the environment and dont want to be there. If it's a beautiful garden well looked after and a nice place to sit with a cuppa then I am in my zone. /emoticons/smile.png

Back