Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

£30 plus customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Damo

This year has seen a different type of customer come in.

I have lots of the run of the mill £18-£30 houses but this year i have picked up some nice £35, £45 etc houses.

First clean has been slow and damaged my hourly rate and tbh that first clean was usually the best. Constant agro trying to get access, skipping cleans, wanting extras for nothing and generally wallyness!

Dumped a £45 house today and a £35 last week. One house was supposed to be 3 monthly for 60 mins work and the other 45 mins. Neither have been anything like a regular customer.

So IF i take any more on every big house is just gonna have £30 added on. If they don't want it then fine.

The agro on that £45 house is just not worth it.

Wish I could afford to drop £35 & £45 houses in consecutive weeks, I'm quite lucky I have good clients they only cancel if having work done to the exterior of the house which is understandable

If they were regular then fair enough but they ain't. Never had big clients and now I wish I didn't take any on. So much easier with the £10-£15 range.

I think the £45 house has had two cleans in 11 months !!!!

Give me £10- £14 terraced jobs all day long

Easy to do 4-5 in an hour if close to each other

Much easier to earn well than faffing with big houses

Damo if you've only cleaned twice in 11 months you haven't lost a lot , the problem with this type of customer is the time you waste trying to arrange to clean and the slot they take up in your days shedule. I have two customer lists

Regular cleans and occasional if a regular customer jibs out twice I move them onto the occasional list, I then contact them 2-3 months later on days when I have the time to fit them in, if they say no I move on to the next on the list until I fill the slot. I never actually dump them, it seems to work for me

It's not the actually messing about that's a problem it was the cleaning. Front of house was covered in bat droppings which WFP struggled on. So added a good 30-40 mins to the job. If they had stuck to their agreed time it would be ok.

The other house just used me as the house is for sale/renting. Cleaned it 3 times then no replies.

Prefer smaller houses. £25 or less is for me.

It's not the actually messing about that's a problem it was the cleaning. Front of house was covered in bat droppings which WFP struggled on. So added a good 30-40 mins to the job. If they had stuck to their agreed time it would be ok.
The other house just used me as the house is for sale/renting. Cleaned it 3 times then no replies.

Prefer smaller houses. £25 or less is for me.
It's horses for courses. I too have experienced similar to Damo within this price range but also within the £10-£20 prive range as well.

I personally think messers are messers regardless of price charged.

However all my jobs over £50 (up to £140 ((my highest private customer)) have never been an issue. Perhaps their income is in the brackets where they no longer need to check bank ballances :rolleyes:

It's horses for courses. I too have experienced similar to Damo within this price range but also within the £10-£20 prive range as well.
I personally think messers are messers regardless of price charged.

However all my jobs over £50 (up to £140 ((my highest private customer)) have never been an issue. Perhaps their income is in the brackets where they no longer need to check bank ballances :rolleyes:
£140!! How bigs that house?

I agree messers can happen at any price. Any house with electric gates just seems to be a ball ache.

Some will give code. Others won't.

More than happy with the lower price ranges. So the next big house that comes along can have the £20 electric gate tax added.

Run of the Mill £18-£30 lol

That's my top end work

Run of the mill for me is 10-12, consider owt north of 15 a nice job.

I have one at 25, one at 30 and one at 40 rest is all under 20 with the average at 12

You make a good point though that 40 quid de I have is one of the most awkward. the guy is obviously Rich so he's never there constantly abroad, has electric gate that o can't have code for so I end up doing it as and when I can get in rather than the 4 weekly agreed. lot of hassle that one.

They're the private jobs you want!

Their current bank balance is never an issue to them. I have a few, an £80, £100, £250 and my highest £400.

They just view it as a household expense much the same as the council tax and gas/electric bill.

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

Run of the Mill £18-£30 lol
That's my top end work

Run of the mill for me is 10-12, consider owt north of 15 a nice job.

I have one at 25, one at 30 and one at 40 rest is all under 20 with the average at 12

You make a good point though that 40 quid de I have is one of the most awkward. the guy is obviously Rich so he's never there constantly abroad, has electric gate that o can't have code for so I end up doing it as and when I can get in rather than the 4 weekly agreed. lot of hassle that one.
Not my average job price though.

Lowest priced house in these last two days was £18. Highest £55. Lots of £20's

Most of my round are big top end houses. The situation with the gates is simple, no code given, no clean done.

I prefer the big houses. No constantly moving the van. let the gate shut behind you so you can leave the van doors open. Hardly any traffic problems. Less to collect (5 lots of £50 apposed to 25 lots of £10).

Each to their own, but this has worked for me for over 20 years and I'm completely happy with my round /emoticons/smile.png

Most of my round are big top end houses. The situation with the gates is simple, no code given, no clean done.I prefer the big houses. No constantly moving the van. let the gate shut behind you so you can leave the van doors open. Hardly any traffic problems. Less to collect (5 lots of £50 apposed to 25 lots of £10).

Each to their own, but this has worked for me for over 20 years and I'm completely happy with my round /emoticons/smile.png
Sounds like you got it cracked out there Steve - good on you

That's the beauty with window cleaning so many options.

I think I will add the gate tax and stick to my normal way of working.

I like compact estate work. £12-£14 a house. Do 10. Move the van another 10. Move the van another 10. Go home.

Costs are a bit more though but not fuel really.

Sounds like you got it cracked out there Steve - good on you

Cheers @Spartan. I've customised my work this year. I sold off my other round to my friend/worker who did it for me. I also sold off a load of terraced stuff to another windie who still buys bits off me, including any gutters or insides.

Working less hard but smarter, hence earning more only doing stuff I enjoy /emoticons/smile.png

Most of my round are big top end houses. The situation with the gates is simple, no code given, no clean done.I prefer the big houses. No constantly moving the van. let the gate shut behind you so you can leave the van doors open. Hardly any traffic problems. Less to collect (5 lots of £50 apposed to 25 lots of £10).

the lion has it cracked ,all cream work gd on you mate

Back