ubik vs viro-sol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Reach For The Glass, Oct 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Reach For The Glass

Reach For The Glass Well-Known Member

Ok what'd the differance.

Very similar price, made by same company. Why do you choose 1 over the other.

Wanting to know as ever job I do will more than likely be a 1st clean and wondering which I should opt for when ordering.

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Basically identical, viro-sol just smells like citrus...

Ubik 2000 is my choice personally...

3. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I find Viro turns orange and stains frames much more easy if left on too long, Ubik for me all the time, although viro ok on first cleans or when rinsing off quickly.

4. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

only used ubik always have it at the ready

5. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

Never used Ubik and only had one bottle of Virosol. I'd go along with what's said about staining, I used it for a first clean (trad) as a bit of an experiment, it didn't help particularly and I did suspect it might have caused a bit of staining (old worthless frames anyway)...what it is brilliant for though is a spray onto the brush head on the WFP on a first clean.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

They are both good
    Ubik leaves a bit more of a shine on upvc
    Virosol is stronger on things like bird muck on the glass but both are good on pvc
    One thing i have noticed is you don't need to let virosol dwell to clean pvc etc whereas ubik likes to be left 30 seconds
    I prefer virosol

7. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

Can't comment on Virisol as havnt used it but UBIK is great for all the grime.

8. TolishAPurd

When I bought ubik for the first time I asked the guy behind the counter about the differences between UBIK and Viro, he gave me a very good in depth description of the uses of both straight off the top of his head, but I can't remember the gist of it. I went with the UBIK for my needs, but next time I'm in there I'll ask him again and report back.

9. Lewis

Lewis Well-Known Member

ubik for me too, awesome stuff :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Some interesting feedback here, might try Viro again for just a quick addition to the brush when it is going to get rinsed right away, got 10L in the shed to get used up.

Advertisement