Ubik

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Shiny, Nov 20, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

#1 Shiny, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    Just bought 5ltr of Ubik 2000 to try after hearing about it on here, up to now been using tfr . Got a conny roof to do tomorrow just wanting to know how much to put in a 5ltr pump spray..
    With the tfr I was just adding 2 or 3 capfuls and that as been ok , should I do the same amount with Ubik..?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Never tried Ubik as Virosol has done a good job for me in the past. I tend to use a ratio of 5 parts water to 1 part Virosol. Probably a bit on the strong side really but it works :thumbsup:. Try something like 10:1 and see how it goes and adjust the ratio if needs be.

3. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

Yeah, 10:1 should do it.

And make sure it doesn't dry on ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I did a conny roof today, not a minger, but plenty of green on the finial and crest. I sprayed the diluted Virosol on the finial and crest and rinsed it off. I found that on this clean I didn't need to pre-spray the polycarb roof as the chemicals off the top ran off and softened up the green on it. For some odd reason there were a few holes in the polycarb. The customer reckoned it was magpies that had been pecking it :confused:. Oh, and he said he'd had a quote a few years ago to clean the whole conny. This bloke rolled up in a flash 4x4 and spent about 2 hours walking round the conny pointing out things he would be doing. Guess how much the quote was? 5 fookin grand!!!:eek:

5. Christ, you could build a conservatory for five grand!

6. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

He must have been planning to use a toothbrush:confused: 5k thats even out of smurfs league I think?

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So I'm not the most expensive cleaner out there then :D

At that price he was probably quoting for replacing the damaged roof panels, any blown dg units and other bits that needed sorting not just cleaning it surely?

8. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Well tried the UBIK 2000 out yesterday for the first time and it's a :thumbs: the conny roof I was doing want a absolute minger but there was still a fair bit of green sh!t in places, and Ubik did what it says on the tin, cuts through grease and dirt

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nice one but it comes in a plastic 5 ltr container Shiny :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

sorry...Ubik does what it says on the 5 lite plastic container....know just don't have the same ring to it...lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Advertisement