Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

As today was rained off I decided to do this to my van...

Seems we're a dying breed mate
Its not a bad thing mate. Like I said, I have picked up a lot of people that purposely come looking for 'the old way'. And I get nods of approval from old folk as they walk past, thats worth it in itself. /emoticons/biggrin.png

True. I've gained a few that don't like the glass left wet but I've also lost a few that want that awkward one over the conny done. Swings and roundabouts I guess. I will hang in there for now

Both ways work well, it's what ever your used to and what you prefer.

Yep there are plenty of old folk that like the trad ways and the glass dry, but there not getting younger like us all! I do enjoy converting them though, picked up a few that hated the idea at first and are now really happy with their window/frames.

I dont Think its " either or" i like the variation and Got a lot of tradding too . Thats why i keep my ladders on . Although splashing pure is my alltime fun ! /emoticons/biggrin.png

cleaning with the backpack feels so... f-ing good :ninja: admitted i like the very few jobs i do it on, but for know still 99% trad /emoticons/biggrin.png

I spent a long time saying wfp was pointless (since it first came out)

Spent 25 years using ladders

Decided to give it a go a few months ago "just for awkward windows"

That lasted all of 2 minutes as why use ladders if you don't need to

Depending what work i have on a lot of the time my ladders are at home

I still like to trad bottoms sometimes though

I think a bit of both when needed is the best way forward

I even cable tied a ninja boab to my wfp trolley so i can have my trad tools on me if needed

Nothing wrong with trad mate

Wfp opens up more doors with easy cleaning of conny roofs and fascias etc but if what your doing works for you don't fix it

See i do the whole lot so it helps me bit of you don't do them then why change for the sake of it

As long as your ladder safety is good no problem

Think I've got the hang of it now. I did have a customer 3 weeks ago ask about his conny roof. I said I know someone who does do em. At least £100. Then I got a wfp mate of mine to do it for £50 and I pocked the other £50. Easy days

Of course theres nothing wrong with trad, but lets not overlook the obvious. We go to work to earn money and anyone who switches to wfp sees their wages zoom. Simple fact that you earn a lot more with wfp

I was thinking of fitting some form of socket to my van again. It was a ball ache on my last van as i had to remove bumper as cutting into metal panel would have been hard with the trim inside. Been ringing round getting some quotes then my head starts to pipe up lol. Last year you put the cable through the two holes you have in your van floor DURRRR!

So not doing any holes in van now lol, as i have two already /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back