Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I now have to tether all my tools when at height - any ideas for a supplier?

Chris Adams

Hello Guys

We are a sub-contactor to some of the major FM contactors in London - doing a lot of work from baskets - they are now telling us that we have to tether all our tools, to prevent them dropping. Any ideas for a good supplier of this stuff?

Chris

sorry dont know but welcome Chris Adams

maybe a case of drilling a hole in your handles and make up tethers yourself?

Thanks Norm - this seems like a really useful forum.

I have actually just contacted the guys at NLG (www.neverletgo.uk) - they do a good range of tool tethers and tool lanyards. They are really helpful. But if anyone knows of any other companies that do it please let me know...

Thanks Smurf - they do look good. Only problem I have is that I dont want to go putting holes in some of my tools to accommodate a tool lanyard. There is quite a clever little gadget (http://neverletgo.uk/python-quick-spin-adaptor) that they told me about at NLG - it means you don't have to put holes in your tools and, the lanyard wont twist becasue the little black bracket on the top spins. Thanks for your help though - definitely a cheaper option that you put forward, will trial them and see what works best...

Thanks Bingo

This is helpful - I have tried working with Arco before and didnt get on well:mad: plus they are expensive compared to nlg - I did a direct comparison on the wrist lanyards and NLG come out about 35% cheaper (NLG and arco) they sell for £1.90 - rather than Arco at £2.50 for exactly the same product, as far as i can tell? Yep - I guess you guys can tell I have become an NLG evangelist:) - but so would you if you spoke to them - they are seriously helpful!!

The Unger option looks good - but again a lot more expensive that NLG!

Cheers - Chris

Back