Understanding how it works??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Newtothegame, Apr 14, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Newtothegame

Newtothegame Member

Hi guys, I'm in the process of getting a water fed pole system but just want clarity on what everything is for.

I'm going to go for a trolley system so I just want to make sure I have it right. The shurflo pump and varistream pump controller as well as the battery are all stuff that goes with the trolley/water fed pole in order to get that system working?

As for making the pure water itself I need an RO system as well as di vessells, tds meter and resin in order to make that work? is that how all of that roughly works or am I missing something?

I'm also a little unsure as to what connectors I need to piece it altogether. It would be a lot easier for me if I understood what everything is for so I can create a picture in my mind as to how it works before I invest in the equipment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers anyone that can help.

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

You need a tds meter to find out your water hardness, what the ppm is out your tap. If it is low, like 100ppm or less, you can get away with di only, but if hard, you prob need r/o too. But if you are buying a ready made trolley system it should come with everything you need so surely all you will need to do is put it together?.

3. Newtothegame

Newtothegame Member

Thanks for you reply, I'm not buying a ready made system, i'm trying to piece it all together by getting different bits from ebay. Hopefully putting it together will be simple enough haha

4. Ryan

Ryan Guest

first thing as bbd said is find out your tds once u fouind this out u may not need a ro system and u can use just a di

ebay is good hard to find stuff cheap tho tbh lol

5. Paul

Paul Guest

Very true WC I found eBay to be the most expensive, I've seemed to of saved alot by shopping around.

6. best

best Active Member

IF YOU BUY ALL YOUR PARTS FROM ONE SHOP, THEY WILL KNOW WHAT CONNECTORS ETC YOU WILL NEED. YOU WILL THEN ONLY PAY P&P TO ONE SHOP, POSSIBLY EVEN FREE

Advertisement