Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New RO producing slowly

Adams0211

First off, massive thanks to @daveyboy for his help recently. He's given great advice on what I needed to order and he's been round to mine to install the RO and get everything fitted. I owe him a massive favour. Cheers mate.

Onto the problem. Daveyboy had to dash once we'd got everything fitted so I had a bit of a play around and timed how long it was taking to produce a litre of pure water. It's taking just over three minutes which seems a bit slow. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the water pressure although I don't know what the pressure it but it doesn't seem especially low.

Is there anything I could be missing before I start thinking of booster pumps?

It's a 450gpd RO with 11 litre di vessel. It's producing pure fine, just very slowly.

No worries Neil

I'll let you buy me a pint when we go for a curry /emoticons/wink.png

Compared to mine it does seem really slow

A water pressure tester is a tenner when I got mine

I think anyone before deciding to part with there hard earned cash and deciding on a ro should at least test there pressure

Then they can decide what system to get

Many people run big ro systems that are way underperforming because of lack off pressure

It's bit like driving a Ferrari and letting a fiat 500 overtake you

I'd get a pressure tester and maybe you'll need a booster pump it's quite a big ro

The first ro I bought was ridicolous it was a merlin but unger branded and was so slow but when I put the proper booster on it was perfect producing a litre in under a minute without was taking 3-4 min per litre

Hope you sort it

A water pressure tester is a tenner when I got mineI think anyone before deciding to part with there hard earned cash and deciding on a ro should at least test there pressure

Then they can decide what system to get

Many people run big ro systems that are way underperforming because of lack off pressure

It's bit like driving a Ferrari and letting a fiat 500 overtake you

I'd get a pressure tester and maybe you'll need a booster pump it's quite a big ro

The first ro I bought was ridicolous it was a merlin but unger branded and was so slow but when I put the proper booster on it was perfect producing a litre in under a minute without was taking 3-4 min per litre

Hope you sort it
That's sensible advice. I should have checked the mains pressure first. I think I got carried away. I'll order a pressure gauge now. At least then I'll know if it's the water pressure or something else that is causing the problem.

Is this the right sort of thing?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001P0F5O/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_3qKfybRFH8674

If you have a screw fix near you just nip there they have them with a connector ready to just screw straight in to tap and think there about a tenner

Funny how it changes from place to place

I live about 2.5 miles away in the same town with the same water supply and tds with the same ro

My pressure is good enough to make a litre every minute ish and produce at low tds before di

Must be due to local pipework etc

Funny how it changes from place to placeI live about 2.5 miles away in the same town with the same water supply and tds with the same ro

My pressure is good enough to make a litre every minute ish and produce at low tds before di

Must be due to local pipework etc
It is

I think it depends on he time off day as well

As my pressure is always better at night but I live in the town cemtre

It's a 450gpd from collins water products.
I'm using a 300 gpd ro from collinswater products and find it is so slow at producing pure water. not sure on my tap pressure as I have never tested it but takes nearly 18 hours to fill a 350 ltr tank.think a booster pump is needed asap.

they say you need,
min mains water pressure 40psi (80psi min for optimum production amounts)

so must be your water pressure,
I'll get a gauge tomorrow and test the pressure and see if I need a booster pump.

I use the same collins 450gpd with no issues ..never measured my water pressure but it is very high judging by the pressure i get out of a hose

I have the same RO and my pressure is 65 psi and get approx 200 litres every 4 hours without a pump.

Just out of interest what's you ppm before and after RO.

That Seems high after RO. Mine is Approx 275 before then 6 to 7 after Daveyboy is even lower after RO even though his TDS is similar to yours makes me wonder why the big difference?

Back