Unger 30 foot telescopic pole detailing

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Chris33, Apr 21, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Chris33

Chris33 Well-Known Member

As above really,

Bought a selection of things that may help my business. This is one of them!

Also getting into waterfed and have 30 foot ladders, so won't rely on this pole.

But yeah, I'm worried that after wiping down windows with the blade there may be water lines left?

Is there any unger ending I can clip on for detailing or any tips worth noting from current users of this pole?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Just wrap a scrim around the end of the pole. If you want you can use a bungee or a pony clamp to keep it in place. Its far from ideal though.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Unger FIXI-Clamp
    It depends how high you go with it
    Just over bushes on ground floor etc or first floor i would use a swivel squeegee like wagtail or swiveloc and fan to avoid needing to detail

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

A pony clamp !! What the hell is that

5. TolishAPurd

One of these mate: upload_2016-4-21_23-30-19.jpeg

You can buy really small ones which are perfect for pole work.

6. Chris33

Every days a school day!

I'm wanting to use it for first and possibly even second floor work guys. Whatever I put on the ends going to need that unger clip system the pole also uses.

7. Damo J

Damo J Member

Unger do a fixi clamp for 20 odd and you can fold your cloth and clamp it so its easier for edges. Bit much for a clamp attachment though.

8. Chris33

Thanks guys,will probably get that end for it. Had it fully extended today,takes some control at full length and not really happy at results.

Guess I'll get better with it in time.

9. Den

Den Forum Addict

I know 5 meter Harris pole isn't 30 feet but I used pull down stokes with my squeegee then detail after with microfibres with the same pole on my own windows then went upstairs and checked from inside and was very happy with the results have gone rounds twice now each time I have been happy and that's the first time I have ever used a pole because I'm a newbie.

Den

10. Chris33

That's about the length of this thing when it's folded in half. Found it reasonable at that length (15 feet) yeah,but at 30 foot there is a lack of pressure you can apply on the window and the pole has some flex on it..lack of real scrubbing power.

I'll take what your saying bud,and do some practicing. Just so happened I got caught out today and had to try it out..

Advertisement