Unger cutting off a bit

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by rugbywolf, Aug 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I have just opened a new packet of ten Unger hard rubbers to cut off a few ready to use. My main squeegee is a twelve inch Liquidator, exactly, as it is cut down. So if I'm careful I can get three off a '36' inch with about an inch and a half left over, however, today when it came to the third one I was about 4mm short. So I think Unger are cutting back a little. The thing is, do I use a 42 inch and have six inches left over, or would it make sense to knock half an inch off my squeegee? There's a conundrum..

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

will rubber stretch//? might be worth a try with one thats 4 mm short see if it can expand and keep the new length

3. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

not with a liquidator

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

what i was meaning is if you had a 12 inch length and say you stand on it and pull the ends up hard and then look see what the new length is

5. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Yeh, I understand you, but unger hard rubbers don't stretch that much, and I don't use any other kind of retainer than the blue ends, and they won't hold it. I can and will do that with an ordinary channel.

Advertisement