Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

when "the engine is gone......"

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amazin

that's what the garage told me yesterday, I'm waiting for them get back to me with a quote. So I'm praying it won't cost me a fortune.

The reason this happened is because there's a leak somewhere inside the engine so  it was burning engine oil, the temperature got so high is messed up the rim inside the the engine. I don't feel it was entirely my fault because initially I took my van there trying to sort out the smoke problem. They told me it was the smoke from the exhaust and it will burn off slowly.

2 weeks later I took it to another garage and paid £70 for a check up. They told me nothing seriously wrong, I should carry on driving for another few hundred miles then come back to see. That's what I did, 3 weeks later this happened. 

Should I try and make a claim at insurance? would they just blame it on me and not care?

Very hard to prove unless you have it in writing. If they've put it on the machine and no faults have come up then they will probably claim they have done their checks correctly. I am assuming the van is older than 3 years old. What I would try and do is ask them to reduce any further labour costs as you did as they instructed and the engine seized. Good luck 

Back