Unger Ergotec XL.

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by TolishAPurd, Apr 2, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TolishAPurd

With all this talk of the Masterbater.... oops sorry, Liquidator, I figured I'd change the subject a little as I've not seen anyone make mention of these on this forum. I took delivery of an Unger Ergotec XL today. I've always been keen on the ungers but found the handles way too small for me. This is not too bad on the smaller blades but I couldnt use it on a 16 or 18 as it didnt have enough leverage. So the XL model is perfect, and I'll be buying a bulk pack of unger soft too as I'm shying away from the hard stuff too. They say change is as good as a rest. Using it today, I think this is going to replace my Ettore as my main squeegee for a little while, or at least until the 'Liquidator 2' comes out.:D

Check out the pic for comparison:

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar Well-Known Member

I see you've also got a red janitorial toilet attendant i mean FiR3BL4DE!11! version ;)

3. TolishAPurd

Yeah, I bought it ages ago from cleaning spot thinking it was the red xl version. :rolleyes:

4. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Good move ToIish.....I changed all my Unger blades to the Unger XL Handle a couple of years ago :thumbsup:.

5. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I bought the red fire blade bundles and the fireblade rubber very impressed it lasts much longer than unger and pulex Which after a few days I use to change the firblade rubber never wears On the edges or lines lasts weeks

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I will have a look at those handles
    I have the same problem using my 18 with an ergotec handle..looks and feels out of place as it's small

7. TolishAPurd

I'm impressed so far, I think I already prefer it to my Ettore. The channels are a lot more forgiving too as the are swept up a lot more then ettores. And they feel a bit lighter too which is a bonus.

I've heard nothing but good things about that rubber but never got round to ordering any. If I ever place an order with WCW I'll buy a pack. I quite like the look of the red gear too.

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I was against coloured rubber from experience
    Then i saw waggas vid where he thinks that red stuff is excellent
    Gotta be worth a try

9. TolishAPurd

I must admit that I'm really tempted to buy some of the green to see just how Sh*t it is. :D

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Give me your address and you can have 42" of it for free lol

Advertisement