unger hiflo nlite extension

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by TommoTrueShineWCS, Jul 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tags:
  1. TommoTrueShineWCS

TommoTrueShineWCS Active Member

ive ordered an aluminium unger hiflo nlite extension, this gives me an extra three meters when fully extended, worth ~60 quid to throw on my trolley once a week...

will post back here on how it goes, for those thinking of grabbing one.

Advertisement
  2. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Eh I don't get it ? Are you trad ? Or if WFP what height you go to ?

3. TommoTrueShineWCS

not sure whats not to get? i use both trad and wfp. this is a wfp post in the wfp section...

up until i get my new delivery im limited to 27 foot height (me plus pole) , after that comes, i'll be reaching 37, if its good enough as i may get another one to stack it higher to 47. any higher and i will have to get a better material pole.

nLiteĀ™ connect ALUMINIUM

you can stack the extensions on this.

4. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Ah right i see
    Cool I like the look of the Unger stuff
    Do you use hydro vessel then ?

5. TommoTrueShineWCS

yeah, the Unger 6L Hydro DI. just to get me started, at least. im going to be either buying a second one or making a multibag unit as a pre-softener for my current vessel.
    basically, when my unger 6L bags run high (10ppm output) i take them out of the Hydro and have them stored in buckets. using these would still bring the water's ppm down from the 310ppm that my tap gives. so making a 'softener' vessel for these old bags will make my new bags last longer.

i find the clamps on the Nlite pole to be good too, impossible to accidentally undo, but easy for shortening... just for an example, say you are cleaning a high, first storey window, that also happens to be about three metres in height, but have an obstruction behind you that means you cant clean the window at a single pole length. so you hit the top half out, open the clamp on the base section, you can guide the pole to the right height with your right hand and then just use your forearm briefly to close the clamp, which in the summer just saves time... but i can imagine it being nice not to have to fidget so much in the winter too.

the pole is quite good. very sturdy... i suppose it is heavy but i like the weight... its good exercise and after two weeks im already struggling to take my tshirt off because of muscle growth. but then im taking a lot of supplements to accommodate the strain of pulling a trolley around town all day and throwing an aluminium pole up the side of buildings.

seeing me go from a bucket and ladders to this setup has got me a lot of attention from the other windys in the area...

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

20160704_090646.jpg
    I had a go with this in London a couple of weeks back. Gardiners Superlite modular pole. Crazy light. If you have a lot of high work to do this has to be considered. This lad wss doing 7th floor apartments and not even breaking a sweat. Crazy expensive too though.

7. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I've used Gardiner modular but never that high ! Surely There is a point where using a pole is not the right option - cradle , abseil , mobile platform etc

8. TommoTrueShineWCS

Max ive used is 4th floor. I actually aspire to be doing abseil work one day, I do love the heights. I doubt i'll go that high with aluminum... something about stirring the clouds with a metal stick does worry me with the lightning...

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Abseil Tommo TrueShineWCS takes 5 years and then also I believe the law requires you to work in pairs.

That's not an alluminum pole it's a high mod carbon.

10. TommoTrueShineWCS

I did not say that gardiners pole was Alu. I was referring to the pole im using, the unger nlite Alu. I was saying how I would extend my pole but not that high. But that if i was to go that high i would have to change material to carbon...

I aware of there being many rules and a hard entry into abseiling but dreams arent supposed to be easily obtainable/short-term plans. I plan to get a new pole... a van... I aspire to do abseil cleaning... im not sure why this needed explaining tbh...

Advertisement