Unger Hydropower Di WFP Kit

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Utterly Gutterly, Jun 8, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Utterly Gutterly

I don't normally stray into this side of the site but I need a cheap bit of pure water equipment to clean the odd window, but mainly for glass conny roof's. Seen this kit by Unger (HydroPower Di12 or Di24) below, is it any good? Or is there something better at under £500. Looks great as it connects straight to the outside tap so no need for a water tank in the van which would suit conny cleaning. Any positive thoughts would be welcome.:rolleyes:

http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=374&SectionID=55

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I take it you know your local tap water tds ppm already then to be wanting just to go di only?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Steven

Steven Member

It may be a clique but you get what you pay for! This pole doesn't look very good quality and the brush will be quite heavy unlike the lightweight gardiner brushes for example.

If you are just looking to do a small amount of wfp cleaning then maybe this will be OK for you but I would do some more homework first and think about the long term as you may decide to do more wfp cleaning in the future.

If that is the case then you may find that something like Jimmyboots van DIY mount below would be a better choice.

http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/my-diy-van-mount-build-thread-with-pics-part-1.11790/

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Utterly Gutterly

I'm around 50 ppm according to my local water supplier so hopefully Di is the right choice. :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:?

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#5 Smurf, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    Sounds like di only should be fine then you lucky devil :D
    Before ordering any di kit best get yourself a real HM Digital TDS-3 Handheld Meter With Carrying Case http://www.daqua.co.uk/testmeters.htm and check the tap water reading yourself. You will need one anyway as is an invaluable tool to have one separate to any built in one you may get with that hydro power thing

6. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

well every water tap is different mate anything higher than 200 and ur fecked lol

7. tiktik

tiktik Active Member

8. tiktik

tiktik Active Member

9. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

tiktik he aint a window cleaner only looking spend 500 or less and only make his service better as i gather

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

There are plenty of different ro/di on-demand type systems about.
    To be honest I would not like to try carting any of them about as would be a pain in the **** especialy up/down steps in/out of a van etc. Also some due to the design and weight you would need 2 ppl lift it about.

Advertisement