Unger RubOut

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Mart1001, Sep 15, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

First itme trying this product....great results I think.
    A patio door badley stained from an over flow that had been dripping and splashing onto it for some months.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]
    Of course the glass is now so shiney, the image is spoiled by the reflection of the garden fence :)

It took a bit of doing.
    First attempt, I applied the RubOut in circular motion and left it for a few minutes...I then rinsed and at first, it looked much better but as soon as I ran my squeegee over the glass, I could see it had done nothing.

So, I applied again, left a few minutes and then got to work with my 6" scraper(sharp side), I kept rubbing the solutiion in with a damp cloth after scraping the area. I rinsed and after running my squeegee through again, I could see the test area was lovely and clear. So I got to work proper and spent about 30-40 minutes on the entire arear(the water staining ran to about half way up the patio door).
    I rinsed and was pleased to see I'd done a great job.
    Just to be clear, I had previously tried scraping with just soapy water, it didn't touch it.

Fully recommend this product.
    Mart.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Ace job. I use it sometimes to get rid of hard water stains on 1 house where she waters the plants and windows at the same time :rolleyes:

3. Posh

Posh Hero

I use viakal. £2 from tescos.
    Marvellous stuff.
    Spray it on. Leave couple of mins. Rub off.

Good job that Mart. Looks mint.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jacob

Jacob Guest

just been looking for a product like this, gonna get some Rubout i guess

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

this stuff looks very good ill b trying some to :)

Advertisement