Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO water production problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Vaughany90

Hello all I have been a member for a long while but this my first post.

I have a 300gpd RO from pure freedom with an aquatec booster pump. However I am only getting about 10 litres per hour so am having to run it for two days fill my 500 litre storage tank. Could anyone provide any suggestions as what the issue might be ? Thanks in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have tried it for a bit without the pump and it was even worse. It takes 2 or 3 mins after turning the system on for any water to come out. Is it possible that the ro may not be connected up properly and therefore not actually using all the membranes ?

They may not be a issue 300gpd are just not very fast, what to is it ? Maybe its time to upgrade to 40/40

My 450gpd does a litre in a minute and a bit

That is with 3x150gpd membranes

With good pressure you should not take too long to make a litre with 2x150gpd membranes

Whilst Changing filters did you disconnect any of the tubing and get it mixed up when replacing , I changed my R.O membranes and messed up the tubing so my production really dropped . I also can't believe how much Purefreedom charge for their R.O's I paid £180 for my 450gpd from Daqua and Dougs customers service is first class .

I took a look at them they looked good. Do you know if I could you use my aquatec booster pump with that ?

Last edited by a moderator:
my 300 RO produes 220 litre in 3-3 1/2 hours with pure freedom booster pump. now taking 5-6 hours with the cold weather.

have you the booster pump joined to last last vessel then going into your membrane. you can see the difference in pressure when you turn booster pump on. i let mine trickle out for around 3 minutes before booster goes on. do you FLUSH your RO.

I'm not sure of exactly what the problem could be, but another cleaner (Franchise owner) was asking for advise on another forum. He had a similar issue to you.

What he noted was that the pure outlet elbows on his (It was one of his Franchisees) had non return valves fitted in the elbows. These non return valves were restricting the amount of pure water being produced.

My old RoMan type 450 GPD did not have these non return valves. I would check to see if you are getting pure from each of your membrane housing outlets as one of his wasn't letting any pure out at all.

He then ordered replacement elbows and we haven't heard about it since.

There may even be a way of removing them to try it.

REVERSE OSMOSIS MEMBRANE HOUSING FITTING 1/8" TO 1/4" | eBay

Here are the elbows.

Have you had the problem since you replaced membranes?

On the same thread, one of the other long term posters said that a friend experienced a similar problem which was rectified when he put the old membranes back. The dealer replaced them foc - problem solved.

I've just noticed something

According to the Ebay seller, the non return valve was to be fitted in the waste outlet, not the pure outlet. Maybe you need to recheck everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back