Univalve installing

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Amos, Aug 23, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Amos

Amos Member

Hi guys I have ordered a univalve, just a simple question , how do I take the horrible bulky pain in the ass tap that keeps getting in the way and connect the hose back together ( very new to this wfp ) thanks for any help!!

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#2 spruce, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Just follow the instructions that come in with it Amos. Its easy. Just need to get it fitted the right way round which again is shown clearly in the enclosed instructions.

Steven has videos on his website that will show you the unit fitted - the second one down on the page.
    Videos | Exceed Innovation

Here's one on YouTube

Its also good to order the right length of pole hose they supply as it has limited stretch. Some of the Gardiner pole hose also works but I don't know which one.

-

3. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Any 8mm OD (Outer Diameter) PU hose should work. Avoid PVC hose unless you have a very short pole as it is very stretchy by comparison to PU hose and results in a less accurate operation of the Univalve.

Re your question of joining your hose back together once you have removed the old tap. It's best to limit any joins to an absolute minimum as even they will get caught on things as you will need to use 'o' rings to hold the hose on to any joiner you use and its amazing how many things those little ears will get caught on. If the remaining piece of hose is too short to use with the univalve fitted and pole fully extended then fit a complete new length of pole hose.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Amos

Amos Member

Cheers guys I will do that thanks for your help

Advertisement