Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Payment options confusion....

Spudly

Hello all,

Most defiantly the 'new kid' in school on here however abit of help would be greatly appreciated.

so..

A little bit of confusion here on payment collection even though I've lurked the forums for past few weeks reading I'm a little confused..

I'm not collecting cash unless the customer leaves it out on arrangement too much effort collecting etc

so what is the best method to get paid? do I just whack my account number and sort code on back of business card and have them transfer it? what about paypal? go cardless (a little confused on this one) and what is bacs?..

Many thanks

Spudly

Bacs is just them transferring it with your account no and sort code. I'm new to this myself but all I use is Bacs and cash. Don't like the fees of PayPal etc. Plenty of people transfer, some prefer cash. I've found myself going back to colect cash from a few (I try hard to avoid it) but sometimes it has to he done.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Go cardless is best and its the one i really push

Bacs is next best

Paypal if they must, but try to persuade them otherwise

Cheques i personally dont mind as i live very close to my bank, but wont work for some

Mine are gradually getting told go cardless only or cash left hidden for me when i go to clean

All new customers are told gocardless only

collecting cash has its benifits in 2 months time, XMAS tips. accept them with a big thank you, they like to show you how much they apreciate you.

Then theres the ones you think will tip you but they dont. I dont cuss as i apreciate having there custom all year long. This is one advantage of collecting cash

collecting cash has its benifits in 2 months time, XMAS tips. accept them with a big thank you, they like to show you how much they apreciate you.Then theres the ones you think will tip you but they dont. I dont cuss as i apreciate having there custom all year long. This is one advantage of collecting cash

This is a good point. I had very few tips last year. that's probably because 90% pay online and a lot are never in.

But is it worth trudging around the streets on an evening all year to get a fee tips at crimbo.

I do cash, cheques or BACS. There's no need for them to use PayPal if they have internet banking.

It's getting harder and harder to stay cash and I've moved a lot further away from my round now so I get to go collecting once a fortnight at best. If I don't catch them during the day most of them transfer me the money within a few days.

I do usually get £300 roughly in Christmas tips though so I will most definitely be making more of an effort to collect from the end of this month onwards.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

cash.. cheque left in prearranged place ... paym is good for those that use mobile banking apps, paypal as a last resort /emoticons/tongue.png

I'm not collecting cash unless the customer leaves it out on arrangement too much effort collecting etc
Good luck expecting them to 'remember' to leave it out for you.

I've found myself going back to colect cash from a few (I try hard to avoid it) but sometimes it has to he done.
No it doesn't. You simply point out that they need to pay on GoCardless or their bill will have to go up at least £5 per clean to cover the cost of collecting.

Cash or cheque if they are in or bacs can't stand paying fees for my money to be sent to me by third party.
Paying that pittance of a commision is much less than the costs involved in collecting.

But is it worth trudging around the streets on an evening all year to get a fee tips at crimbo.
If you are a crack addict. :confused:

Back