Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Extension Pole Instead Of Ladders?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I do pole work myself, only use a ladder when I have to. I've got a 6 meter Unger pole with a Unger Visa Versa on it, do a few windows then whip it down, put a micro fiber on & quickly go round the glass. I use an Unger brush to put on for first cleans to give the whole window a good scrub. Never had any complaints & so much faster than ladder work....in my opinion.
agreed

I do pole work myself, only use a ladder when I have to. I've got a 6 meter Unger pole with a Unger Visa Versa on it, do a few windows then whip it down, put a micro fiber on & quickly go round the glass. I use an Unger brush to put on for first cleans to give the whole window a good scrub. Never had any complaints & so much faster than ladder work....in my opinion.
This is really good to know as this was my plan

haha I just haven't gotten around to it. Lazy b*stard that I am! - as it happens though I just got myself a wagtail setup like waggas from youtube (search for mywagga if you don't know) - So I will make a vid tomorrow or over weekend explaining how I modified it and put it all together and then of me cleaning some windows with it. I'll do one showing how to do it without wagtail/angle adapter too i.e. standard kit and a pole

In response to your guys questions yes I also use a traditional window cleaning pole opposed to using step ladders because i failed my driving test a few weeks ago apparently I was driving too cautiously I never heard anything as daft in my entire life as surely safe driving is never a bad thing.

I get around on buses which is a lot cheaper and more economical anyway.

The best way to detail windows using a pole is to get an Unger Fixi Clamp for around £20 and an Ettore Blue Cleaning Cloth as this is simply the best kind of polishing cloth available. Don't try wrapping the cloth round the pole as water starts dripping especially on a bigger window which you can easily wipe when using a fixi clamp.

You don't have to take my word for it but believe me it definitely works - I practice on my own house every day or so as this increases speed and accuracy of your cleaning and I used to get faint drip marks which are barely visible but I could see them and now I can't so always use a fixi clamp its a bit expensive for a bit of plastic but well well worth the investment.

Any other questions that I may know then please post them on here and I will be happy to help.

Cheers

Kevin

The only downside to that is you cant properly wipe the ledges. Wipeing frames would be another hurdle to over come too

Buy UPVC cleaner and some basic microfibre cloths and use the fixi clamp its the only way - it may take a minute or so longer but just charge the customer an extra couple of £ to include the top frames when using a pole.

That's why they invented the fixi clamp because its easier to detail and also to wipe the frames.

Back