Update

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gleam123, Aug 30, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Ok so my first month as a window cleaner is now over, have about 25 jobs now and just wondering how quick every bodies progress was to start with?

Everything seems to be going fine except for today where I was called to say that all the windows had spots and streaks - absolutely gutted! I cant think of any reasons why either, I used my normal technique and checked PPM of the water and its fine. Anyone else had something similar when they first started?

Advertisement
  2. Ken

Ken Guest

If it's the first time you did them, they can come up mucky after a regular scrub and rinse.
    Go round and check them either way, you may find out it wasn't you, ie. the insides are mucky and they haven't checked it was inside or out.
    Or you may realise it was a certain few windows, which are in a position to get mucky easy.
    Either way check it out, it's better than assuming what the problem was.

Although I have a leaded house, and I've cleaned it multiple times, and yet on rare occasions it spots and streaks, and I have NO idea what does it.

3. Ginge

Ginge Guest

Fear not it will at some point happen to everyone. It could be that the windows are aluminium and they reacted badly to your water. It could be that you didn't rinse well enough or you washed the air vents above the window which later released its bounty of dirt. Just clean them again go through everything step by step. You'll probably find they will be fine this time around.

Just think, if you pick up 25 customers every month you'll have 500 in a year. Stick with it and just see everything for the first few months as a learning curve.

I'd day well done and keep at it.

4. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Cheers guys, going back up today to sort them out.

What kind of rate do you all pick up customers then?

5. Ken

Ken Guest

What math is this?
    :)

6. Ginge

Ginge Guest

Bad maths, I meant 300. Either way I think he's done well.

7. lol to funny.......

Advertisement