upvc cleaner

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Gav, Apr 14, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I have a house which has not been cleaned for over 3 years and all the white frames are stained black. what is the best thing to get them closer to white again.

My problem is the windows have a very nice flower bed directly under them and the owner also has animals so need something that wont kill there flowers or there pets!

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

Cif cream bath cleaner
    Ecover all purpose cleaner http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10287827&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=ecover&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&isSearch=true

3. Ginge

Ginge Guest

We use diluted traffic film remover which works brilliantly. I don't think it will harm the animals as its diluted and they are not actually drinking it. you can find it anywhere on the net and its sold from 1 litre bottles upwards. It's normally used in car washing and it doesn't effect a cars paint so its fine for plastic.

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Gardiner sells Ecover TFR which is harmless about £15 for 5L

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ecover sounds good but will it kill plants as they have some very nice flowers directly under the window.

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

I think it is plant based and I would cover the plants temporary because over watering can damage plants

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Hmm OK I will do that and get some ecover. Thanks for advice I can't bare to clean those windows again without getting some of that staining out.

8. SafeReach

SafeReach Guest

I use cif and havn't killed anything yet! :)

9. harvriddle

harvriddle Guest

:) yeah cif's good, but it still contains some kinds of chemicals...

Advertisement