Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

buying a round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tom in leeds

Hi guys I have been offered a round for 800 quid. Includes £120 domestic per month and £25 commercial and £65 per 2 months Commercial. If it's proven to be legitimate And good payers etc. Is that a good price? Any other tips or advice for buying rounds would be appreciated. Cheers. Tom

I'd make sure the seller is happy to introduce the customers to you especially any commercial jobs also ask if the seller would clean the round with you the first time , prices wise as a rough rule you can pay 3,4 and even 5 times what the work is worth a month , you look like the price is about correct

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I reckon you could spend a couple of hundred on leaflets, newspaper ads, and van sign writing, and you'll probably get the same amount of work without the risk, and save a load of money.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I reckon you could spend a couple of hundred on leaflets, newspaper ads, and van sign writing, and you'll probably get the same amount of work without the risk, and save a load of money.
Totally agree with this especially if your a small company starting out ,£100 will buy a lot of flyers £200 to £300 will also buy some good advertising space in a local paper, in the past I've sponsored football teams and had my company on football tops and I also advertise with the local theatrical company as they can have upto 1000 locals coming 4 times a year to see there shows

Check how compact the work is, this can make a big difference in the value of the work and what you can earn from in a day. Advertising will get you new customers but most likely lead to work being dotted here and there. However if someone response to an advert there might be opportunity to canvass the road for more work. For info I brought some work last year, and it worked out well for me, just make sure you do as much due dili before committing.

Personally I'd fill the van up and take a drive around looking for whole streets/areas with dirty windows. You'd be surprised on how many you will find. Most windys will stop looking for work once they have enough so there's plenty left (In my area anyway) Then like others said have flyers done an knock the streets you've found. I think you could get over £100 work of worth in one day canvassing.

Buying a round is not something I'd do but it's something you could build on and canvass the gaps and build it up. At least when you canvass your own work you choose where you work I always head for villages and nice areas that I like to be in, even tho I could prob canvass a full round in my town but I'm not keen on working in a town environment.

Good luck on whatever you choose

think of it this way, can you afford to loose £800? if not work your butt off and build up your own round.

Iv heard of other businesses cooking the books so it looks like there busier than they are, im not saying the round your looking at might be but always dot the i's and cross the t's just to be sure mate. I would also as mentioned above go out with the chap for a month to see who has a dog, locked gate, bad payer etc.

Latest Posts

Back