Upvc Cleans

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by watters, May 23, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. watters

watters Guest

Hi peeps

In a bit of a dilemma getting my pricing correct - wonder if any of you can help me out?

Most of my customers request a 1st deep clean on UPVC & glass - now these houses have 10+ windows (then there's doors, patio doors etc & a lot of the time there are large bays). These are the customers that have really dirty weathered stained UPVC. It takes a hell of a lot of elbow grease but I can usually get them up to look like brand new (pics below). Thing is, this takes me up to a good 4 hours in most cases (and that's working flat out at a fast speed).

The customers are absolutely delighted with the results & passing on great feedback which is in turn getting me more of the same kind of work. I'll give you an idea of what i've been charging.....

house with 10 windows which includes 2 large bays, 3 large, 5 medium, plus 2 upvc doors, plus double patio doors (4 hours hard graft) - £40 1st clean, £20 thereafter

Does this sound right or am i undercharging (as the customers are more than willing to pay this with the results they're getting)

Cheers guys

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      36.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      45.1 KB
      Views:
    Advertisement
  2. KFH19

KFH19 Member

Hi buddy,

Lovely results, the frames look mint!
    I'm just starting out and most of my customers are first cleans with frames like you are encountering.
    I think customers think a quick wipe and the frames will shine like new, but as we all know its the right products and lots and lots of effort!
    Personally I would only be happy with £80 for 4hours but I am a bit greedy!

Kind regards
    Kfh

3. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

if you only charge 40 you are doing yourself.

How much degreaser / pvc cleaner / petrol to get there / do you use. Take this off of 40 and your left with 30 to start with.

30 / 4 = 7.50 per hour (before tax and national insurance)

remember you are working for yourself now so you have costs £25- 30 an hour minimum or you`ll be out of business or not left with any money to pay yourself a wage.

above is just a quick wake up not exact figures obviously.

do not be a busy fool take on less work for more money.

also with the results you get people will pay you well, top job on the plastics.

4. messimagician

messimagician Member

That's too cheap, you want at least £100 minimum for 4 hours work.

5. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Your based in wolverhampton arent you .

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Now I'm one for doing frames including dirty filthy ones at no charge, some charge more for first cleans but I don't. I have to admit though that they are some of the worst I've seen and charging double is fair but what you've done with those I really would class as a deep clean and they look absolutely mint mate. triple for those maybe but no more don't believe everything you read and think how easy and fast it's gonna be to clean em next time.

7. David Taylor

Also if they drop you after the first clean you`ll feel sick for 40 quid - it happens, some ppl will take advantage, charge for the job in hand not what you think you`ll get after that.

8. HotWash Window Cleaners

10 windows 4 hours?
    2.5 windows an hour.
    Your doing something wrong for sure. I'm a lover of first cleans, even with cold water be done in less than an hour. Bit of Ubik 2000, bish bash bosh the blue stuff wins again.

9. watters

watters Guest

Cheers guys, big help! :)

I've only recently set up on my own. Most of the customers i've been getting haven't had a clean for years & want a deep clean like above. At first I thought I was charging ok, then I questioned that I was charging too much after some potential customers said the quote was way too expensive. Then the customers that said yes to the quote were over the moon and willingly handed over the £40 (plus £10 tips on top in a couple of cases). So, this made me ask myself whether I was undercharging.
    But, overall, I think the biggest factor that made me wonder whether I was undercharging was that some potential customers who said it was way too expensive (and were going to get other quotes), got back in touch a week or so later asking me to book them in asap.

Looking at the hourly rate plus my costs etc, like you've said, it seems I'm doing myself out a bit :(

'NO LONGER A USER' - yes mate im on the wolves border (south staffs), are you wolves too, on facebook? I think i've 'liked' your page buddy :) Are you wfp?

10. David Taylor

general cleaning is a different service to what this guy is doing for his customers

Advertisement