Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

leafleting in the evenings?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Now I am busy I leaflet whenever i get a spare half hour..it is quicker than canvassing but if you need the work badly you need to knock doors

I have done in the past, but I don't recommend dropping when its dark as you get looked at with suspicion from the outset, which is not a good first impression.

go for it . he who dares wins, never is a truer word said than when it comes to leafletting . and "keep em comin" - you must cos only dole out 100 you get a sh/tty result -but dole out millions and you will rule the world its guaranteed [of windows at least]

thats reminded me, how many times on the forums iv seen images of boxes of really nice leaflets sittin at their masters home UNDELIVERED . they delivered 2 or 3 thou but then got jaded and six months later the biz is stagnant or worse still up for sale [ including those leaflets ] . im a proponent of leafletting and altho iv never delivered any in the evenings iv always delivered every one i had - and then hurried home printed more got obsessed

"OCD leaflets" now you wont ever find that in a medical journal- cos its a Very healthy condition to have /emoticons/wink.png

Last edited:
i dont often leaflet now as my diary is near chock full- but part of me wishes i had the guts to carry on leafletting weekly . i say that cos it would push my business out of my comfort zone .

i think i mentioned recently about a wom i know who runs a domestic cleaning biz that has dozens of mrs mop employees. she employs a couple of middle aged folk who full time leaflet for her ,covering a big area - this forces expansion of her business which is very big already -how big i dunno as it keeps a low profile but you think about it , fulltime leafletters x 2 its gotta be pretty big

You may as well leaflet in the day as hardly anyone is in and canvass in the evening when most people are in, i think doing either the other way around is a waste of time.

now if only i could listen to my own excellent advice...

I have found if you land your leaflet on the mat during the day along with all the **** the postman has put through then it's generally just thrown out. Try and get door mat prominence and in the evenings could be a good choice when the working folk have arrived home and cleared the door mat. I have a mate in a seperate cleaning business that made a habiit of doing just sundays and had good results, people more relaxed and will perhaps read the leaflet fully rather than just chucking it out.

I have found if you land your leaflet on the mat during the day along with all the **** the postman has put through then it's generally just thrown out. Try and get door mat prominence and in the evenings could be a good choice when the working folk have arrived home and cleared the door mat. I have a mate in a seperate cleaning business that made a habiit of doing just sundays and had good results, people more relaxed and will perhaps read the leaflet fully rather than just chucking it out.
In addition to that find out what days other business is spaming the mailboxes, where i am usually friday saturday and sunday, so put yout leaflet in on any other day in the week. Just keep in mind hundreds wont do it, we talk thousands of leaflets.

In addition to that find out what days other business is spaming the mailboxes, where i am usually friday saturday and sunday, so put yout leaflet in on any other day in the week. Just keep in mind hundreds wont do it, we talk thousands of leaflets.
How on earth can you tell what days 'other' business etc are delivering leaflets in a certain area?? Perhaps different in Denmark but over in the UK there are lots of sole traders and the like that will just do exactly what we are doing when they choose so not possible to track.

Not many sole traders overhere, not that tuff competition atleast in my area, 90% of the commercial junk gets delivered through postman pat, and on there websites its wedensday and weekend they deliver so thats how i would have a good indication when mailboxes will be filed.

Leaflet any time you want - you're not loitering on property only putting something through the letterbox - just go for it!!

I always found leafleting the closest neighbours of my existing jobs EVERY time i cleaned worked well & helped me build a compact round.

How on earth can you tell what days 'other' business etc are delivering leaflets in a certain area?? Perhaps different in Denmark but over in the UK there are lots of sole traders and the like that will just do exactly what we are doing when they choose so not possible to track.
Denmark? Jacob are you actually trading in Denmark old son ?

Back