Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

008 ppm from pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this question but im having a nightmare trying to figure this out and have searched the forum to no avail. I've a fairly simple set-up with a 375 litre tank, pre filter, 40RO and a DI vessel. My water is coming out 000 parts per million from the pump but by the time it get's through the hose reel and pole hose and out the brush head it's more like 007 or 008 parts per million?? What gives here? Could it be a problem with dirt inside the reel and if so is it a common enough problem or not. Don't get me wrong the windows are coming up perfectly fine after cleaning but just find it weird it's not consistent in terms of ppm output. If anyone has had experience with this issue will be more than grateful to hear solutions if any.:confused: Thanks, Jonathan

Have you used that hose for tap water recently? If you run the pump on full pelt for a while does the ppm drop back down to zero as it should. Also I've found if you leave pure water in a hose for a period of time the ppm can increase but just needs to be flushed through with pure

Thanks for the reply. No haven't used it for tap water at all. I'm going to turn the pump up full pelt for a bit and see if that makes a difference maybe it needs a good flushing.

Just ran it through there for 10 mins and it's dropped right down to 000ppm. Must have been the water sitting in the hose reel for a bit thanks for the advice Smurf I owe you a pint of the black stuff if you are ever over in Dublin.

I'm just gald I could be of any help :thumbsup:

I first noticed this myself when transfering ooo pm pure water from holding tanks to the van via a transfer hose. I'm a bit anal on ppm so always check the ppm in the hose is ooo ppm first before filling my van tanks.

You can actually use a wfp hose connected to an oustide tap too on external house cleaning if you wanted and I often do. Then simply swap to pure as it don't take long to flush it through before it goes back down to 000ppm out at the brush.

Just ran it through there for 10 mins and it's dropped right down to 000ppm. Must have been the water sitting in the hose reel for a bit thanks for the advice Smurf I owe you a pint of the black stuff if you are ever over in Dublin.

Latest Posts

Back