Used Di Resin Idea

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Brightsure, Mar 21, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

Quick question, does anyone use old resin from a di and place the resin before the pre filters as an added bonus to bring the water quality down before it hits the pre filters and RO? Or do you think the resin will be to degraded by then to work? my ppm before any treatment is 240ppm so using old resin before the pre filters to bring the 240ppm down a tad? Anyone think this would work?

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

Can't see why not. Its similar to the two inline Di's and swapping them about.

3. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

Yeh thats what i thought, dunno how long the used resin would last though but its got to help? Or even use the used resin after the pre filters and before the RO, might have to give this a try, would extend the life of my 40inch RO surely?

4. OoO

OoO Guest

Doesnt matter how long it last though. Even if it drops it to say 220ppm thats nearly 10% !

5. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

Yeh, think im going to rig this up and see what happens, its got to help, i change my resin when it hits 3ppm so throwing away good stuff really.

6. OoO

OoO Guest

What does it come out of your ro or 40/40 then? PPM wise?

7. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

I use twin di and when the ppm (from the 2nd di) starts going up the first di vessel is truly spent, the ppm is the same as when it goes in.

But if your using an ro then you'll be changing the resin different, so yeah that'd surely bring the ppm down but at that ppm it would last long.

8. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

It comes out at 15ppm after the RO and runs at 240 litres an hour, be interesting if it makes the RO not have to work so hard. might be useful running a flush with used resin too!

9. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

Yeh cant see it lasting long, might be worth a try though even if it just lasts a few days its got to help

10. HotWash Window Cleaners

I always use theold stuff just sswap it each time you change your main resin. My tap is very low anyway so don't need ro.

Advertisement