Used my SMAX40 for the first time

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by harunh, May 25, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

It cost me over £500 including VAT ! it reall ydid put a whole in my pocket ;)

I generally use my SLX 25 for a everyday pole.

But i used the SMAX to get to some really dirty gutters.... my arms were killing afterwards.... but i done a great job ! :p I used ecover truck aswell.

I never really needed to buy this but i knew it would come in handy.

I knew a job will eventually come up where i need more then 30ft... so i thought buy it now while i got the money and no headache later.

I think the SMAX is a good pole... not many people have one cos of the price.... but its worth investing in one lads if you got the money.

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Modest too Big H lol

3. AS Window Cleaning

AS Window Cleaning Active Member

do u put the ecover onto the brush or what?

got me some virosol, great for downstairs as can just spray it on, but for upstairs, just putting it on the brush doesn't seem to be enough.

4. Andy Leett

Andy Leett Member

Put some in a bucket and dip the brush in it, apply it to gutter or window, give it time to work then scrub/rinse off.

5. How high we're these gutters? I have a Slx 22 & 35 but only need my 22 for gutters. Have a SMAX on my shopping list but still can reach everything with my 35.

6. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

I done 2 houses yesterday with virosol, mix it in a 5L garden pressure spray container (cost £17) and I just sprayed it on the gutters from the floor (thanks to the addvice of ( you guessed it) Mark M) easy as that.

7. AS Window Cleaning

AS Window Cleaning Active Member

[quote='Knoxy' pid='22324' dateline='1337933261] and I just sprayed it on the gutters from the floor (thanks to the addvice of ( you guessed it) Mark M) easy as that.
    [/quote]

how did you get the gutters with it from the ground, you've got an extendable sprayer?

8. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I can't believe big H sometimes...he makes me laff! No offence at all, but how can you just but a pole for over £500 thinking 'I don't really need it'???

It seems very flippant to me, all the gear; no idea.

Fare enough you have this one job (how much was the job worth by the way?)- but it'll take loads of jobs before you even make your money back, let alone make a profit.

I think it's mad to buy a pole thinking 'I know I'll need it one day', cos 6 months down the line, you could get a job when you need a pole that's 10ft longer than the one you already have.

Not being funny, but my mind boggles as to how someone can run a business with hardly any customers or jobs, and spend a fortune. You won't be able to keep going long like that.

You have to make your equipment pay for itself, it's not all about having shiny new everything.

Sorry for the rant, and again, no offence, but just seems you should think more business like...we'd all love to buy everything from Gardiners website....

9. Paul

Paul Guest

Well I've started with a cheap as chips 36ft brodex and a home Made Harris and they do the job perfectly Both together cost around £200 job done, I'll splash out when I'm loaded lol

10. simon

simon Guru

i cant help thinking he was using the wrong tool for the job for his arms to be killing him, your supposed to be able to use those poles all day long

Advertisement