Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer Complaints

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

Now in truth, I don't get one very often. In fact I don't remember the last time, so when it happens it does hit a bit hard.

I got home yesterday (after spending most of the day in hospital undergoing a number of tests including an MRI), to find a letter from a customer. Just a letter mind, no cheque.

It appears that I cleaned her windows just hours after she left for a five day break. She has returned to find my bill and her windows are filthy. She will discuss when I next go round.

I rang her and in the conversation she admitted that only the front of the building is filthy, the other three sides are perfectly fine. I suggested that there may have been a storm that has driven the grime into the front of her home. She agreed that this is the side that is most weathered and said the windows are covered in a grey film. I explained that I am currently cleaning salt from many properties since the recent stormy weather. She agreed that the grime is 'saltlike'

Although she agrees, she will not accept that she still has to pay. Arguing that her windows are not clean.

They were when I drove away.

Sometimes I think some customers you can do without.

Rant over.

Go all the way and claim the money if shes not getting on a better thoughts.

I had my first complain a week back, he had waited 8 weeks to complain (you kidding, no) i answered his mail straight away and tried call him, i explained we could sort it out, but he hasnet replied, payed though. He is unserious now in my mind complaining and then ignore me..

Go all the way and claim the money if shes not getting on a better thoughts.I had my first complain a week back, he had waited 8 weeks to complain (you kidding, no) i answered his mail straight away and tried call him, i explained we could sort it out, but he hasnet replied, payed though. He is unserious now in my mind complaining and then ignore me..
Dump that sucker !

i Always take malicious/fake claims seriously. at the very least i shout insults at them. "i ***** hate you" is a good opener

Had a house that rang me up and said that left a card and it looked like someone has threw a bucket of water round them she knew I used the pole and was just looking a moan!

you have a business to run,they were clean when you left the property!!!?two options:redo affected windows & get paid.or take it on the chin & get rid.personally I would explain that if you don't get paid( through no fault of yours) she will be taken off your round.

@SPCleaning

Next time you get something like this. Quote this.

" i am there to clean off the dirt that has accumulated on your windows and frames, not to guarantee clean windows for the future "

Usually results in a lost customer mind lol.

@SPCleaning
Next time you get something like this. Quote this.

" i am there to clean off the dirt that has accumulated on your windows and frames, not to guarantee clean windows for the future "

Usually results in a lost customer mind lol.
This is very true and I think some customers are worth weeding out when they are being difficult. They quickly forget how desperate they were when they contacted you to begin with. How they couldn't find a window cleaner. It serves them right to be put right back there.

Yep, had one a few weeks ago. They were on 8 weekly. Only had the job since last summer. I used to phone the night before to let her know I was coming the next day. She once asked to leave them till next time as she was going on holiday, I replied that her windows in effect would not be cleaned for 16 weeks and I don't do 16 weekly. She succumbed to that one. I always felt like I was treading on eggshells while there anyway. Last month I phoned and it just rang out, I decided to just turn up and clean. I left an SAE for her to send a cheque. A week or so later my SAE arrived, cheque enclosed and a letter. "Thanks for doing the windows, but we don't want your services anymore as when we got back off holiday there were spiders webs and dust all over the sills. It looked like you hadn't cleaned my windows." What a fcuking cheek! She thanks me for cleaning and then remarks that she thinks that they look ****!

I won't be forgetting her for sure /emoticons/wink.png

Back