Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Useful Links

Hinty

Thanks Mark M for idea about a useful links page.

Gav has now added this to the VIP services directory - lets see what you've got..

i will test something out later but what is url

First one but this maybe more about resourses

I am sure people would be interested in something like this but how do you put some thing on like this ?

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to inform all our clients of some important changes we have made to our business.

Your windows will be cleaned in future using a method, which will soon be the industry standard. As a company wanting to be at the forefront of our industry, we have decided to invest in this technology which involves the use of water fed telescopic poles and 100% pure water, which we obtain by sending tap water through a series of complex filters to purify it to the highest degree.

We are using this technology for a number of reasons.

Health and safety

Legislation being brought in from Europe will limit the use of ladders as temporary workstations. The law now states that ladders can only be used when all viable alternatives have been considered, and now water fed pole systems are seen as a safer viable alternative.

This way we can do the job to a high standard whilst standing on the ground.

Better cleaning results

The major advantage of the water fed pole system is that only pure water is used, with zero impurities in the water, eliminating the need for detergents and chemicals. As your windows will be brushed clean your frames and sills will be cleaned at the same time.

A word of warning : This process involves brushing your windows clean then rinsed off with pure water. As such they will be left wet and will need some time to dry naturally. Because we use pure water, the windows dry spotless. This may be a bit disconcerting at first, as this is not what our customers are used to. Please note that over the space of two or three visits the process will `leach` all deposits from around the frames, resulting in an improved finish each time, until ultimately the finish will be better than the traditional method.

We can now also clean all aspects of your property.

Frames, Conservatory Roofs, UPVC, Panelling, Canopies, Guttering, Fascias, Garage Doors etc.

I hope this has covered everything, and have explained the increased benefits. Our aim is to continue to give a high level of service. Please feel free to phone or email to discuss any part of the above or indeed any other aspect of our service. Alternatively, if you happen to be at home the next time we clean your property, feel free to ask us for more information, or of course a demonstration of the system.

If you have any concerns about this new way of cleaning your windows please let me know and we will endeavour to alleviate your concerns.

Yours Thankfully,

M Munro

You could put that into a word document on your computer then upload it to the downloads area ***led as change over to wfp letter or something.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

Thanks i will try that later .But i put a couple of things in the service directory just to see if i could do it . I did but also made a few mistakes and i do not know how to take them off. Window equipment is wrong

i dont like the fact you make it seem as if cleaning windows off of ladders is no longer allowed now that there is the wfp alternative, its misleading, and also almost every wfp cleaner iv spoken to will agree that traditional does produce the best finish. i understand you need to educate your customers about your method, but trying to look good by making others look bad is not the best way imo.

I'd be interested to hear from all trad cleaners how they go about using their ladders as I bet more than 95% do so breaching the working at height regulations 2005. And of those cleaners who has a trolley or backpack which would count as an alternative safer method then using ladders. And unless they're are footing the ladders with someone else, using a ladder safety device or tying them (doubtful) then in fact they shouldn't be using their ladders. I moved over to wfp so to keep and gain more commercial work. If you have an alternative you legally should use it. As for finish thats a whole other debate, personally I think it's difficult to judge as the great thing about trad is the finish is there and then. But I've gone back to jobs I've done during the day wfp and thought wow! So as long as you've used the right technique I think the finish should be the same. It's just the other factors, time, reach etc that come into play.

i disagree with your interpretation of the working at height laws, ladders do not require footing or safety devices just for the sake of it, only if required in that particular situation and after my own personal risk assesment, it clearly states that if the duration of work on the ladder is too short to warrent fixing then you dont have to, as for wfp being a viable alternative, its not economically viable for some trad cleaners as its not required on 95% of there round, and economic factors(cost) is accounted for in the working at heights regs.

this is what annoys me, because you will go around telling customers these misinterpretaions and the customers will believe every word of it.

****THERE ARE NO LAWS STOPPING WINDOW CLEANERS USING LADDERS****

fact!

Please back this up with a link to the paragraph where this is stated.

Fact HSE guidelines that are not followed and an accident pursues the person can be prosecuted! http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/misc613.pdf

There is no specific law per-say to say that you cannot use your ladder but there are guidelines to follow.

Back