Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Yell.com

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Knoxy

Just had a phone call from yell saying they seen my gumtree add and wanted to know a bit about my business, had to end call as I was on my way out, there going to call me back later.

Anyone on here use them and do you have to pay and if so is it worth it ?

I'm actually looking to place an add today or tomorrow in there

thay got an estamate thing on there to get first place on the website it says for my area would be £800 for a year lol

but thay do a heavyweight add for £50 a year so wonder where this would place me tho ?

tell a lie i just checked it and its £2000 for my area for the year so around £170 a month lol

heavyweight add for me for £50 see what that gets me

Absolute waste of money. Cost me £650 last year for the whole package including a tracker that recorded how many people called me. 14 in the year. And 5 of them at least, were me checking if it worked, lol.

Also. Who goes to the yellow pages for a phone number? Everyone uses google.

Yell ring me all the time offering me websites, adds etc and say it will generate me loads of work and i need to do it!! They just harass small businesses and charge crazy prices. Most the time I just hang up as soon as the say hello mr.belfastcleaning how are you, it's mike from yell..

Speaking of companies ringing has anybody had the hi I'm from the police magazine scam yet? I've had that one as soon as I put my add on freeindex.

dont bother they are a waste of money, think about it this way, if you want a plumber etc, how do you find it, most people google it now,

dont bother they are a waste of money, think about it this way, if you want a plumber etc, how do you find it, most people google it now,
get yell free adds nothing else as it is a waste of money

yer just do the free ad ive got a paid add with them its heavy weight and prominent posistion so im always at the top ive had 7 phone calls in 3 months 1 i took on as a refular customer, 1 wanted me to come the very next day and do a one off clean ( eer no) and the other 5 were different advertising companys and charities most of them ive never even heard of, so keep ure money in ure back pocket mate youll be better off

I had that police magazine call me they wanted £250 to put an a full page add in. asked them to end me all the details and got nothing so forgot about it.

Was it a scam then i had no idea!

a girl said she was from yell today, not got 4 missed calls and they managed to call me on both work and private mobiles. going to tell them to **** off next time.

Be aware of scams also, I had a free listing then got a call saying they wanted to upgrade my listing etc gave me a web address to go to to confirm details. What pops up, two buttons allow client to access your pc and disconnect, this instantly rang alarm bells. The guy on phone said yes that is normal just click the button and we can uprade your listing. I said why do you need to access my pc. Then he said CLICK THE BUTTON. We can then help. At this point is said I am not bloody stupid and put phone down.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Be aware of scams also, I had a free listing then got a call saying they wanted to upgrade my listing etc gave me a web address to go to to confirm details. What pops up, two buttons allow client to access your pc and disconnect, this instantly rang alarm bells. The guy on phone said yes that is normal just click the button and we can uprade your listing. I said why do you need to access my pc. Then he said CLICK THE BUTTON. We can then help. At this point is said I am not bloody stupid and put phone down.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
The Guy I spoke with today asked me to access my pc so he could show me some things, that's when I made an excuse and ended the call so I could asked for advice on here.

Back