Using a bath towel for detailing?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Jacob, Aug 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jacob

Jacob Guest

Any of you that use a cotton bath towel for detailing the window?
    saw a windie once use it. Looked up some prices and they are dead cheap compared to microfibres, also you can buy a big one and only carry one towel for maybe 2-3 jobs. what do you think.

Advertisement
  2. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

We have a drying room at work and towels often get abandoned in there...every so often there is a clean out...if no one claims the towels I cut them up and either use them for rag at work or cill cloths or for detailing...I find they work just fine, no different from microfibre or scrim, if anything they seem to stay dry longer...you might get occasional strands of cotton come off, I just give those a quick puff and blow them away...can't complain seeing as I've got an endless, free supply.

3. Jacob

Jacob Guest

that sounds exellent Danfire, was just worried they would leave marks, but think if you wash them without softner like the micro ones the result would be the same. I am off to my local towel pusher.
    Any other experiences are welcome

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

2-3 jobs..i usually use 1 60x80cm microfibre for at least a couple of days
    In colder weather i will have 2 on the go..when 1 is damp it drys over my headrest while i use the other 1

5. strech

strech Well-Known Member

With this summer bath sheets are a must :(

6. albootyerbaws

albootyerbaws Well-Known Member

work fine but still prefer scrim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Jacob

Jacob Guest

I couldnt do that i use 1 40*50cm on a averager job, so thats from 5-15 a day i only use a cloth one time then it thrown in a pile for wash. Have 60 fresh cloths in my car at a time.

8. BostonMike

BostonMike Active Member

I prefer scrim as well but most of the old timers in my market prefer bath towels. They use full size towels!

9. Jacob

Jacob Guest

I seen that too with another windie full size towel thought i would be nice only dealing with one cloth all time no changing cloth all the time to do sill.

Advertisement