Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Should I keep quiet

Eddie dragon

So picked up a new customer today. Lady walked up as I was cleaning one up the road. Asked Ware the regular guy gone. As I'm subbing the work in this village I told her he's covering different area. OK she says can you do mine I'm on way out so will pay you now. Hands over £12. When I got over there there is only six windows. Rang old boss and he informed me she has never been his customer. So my question is should I tell her next time £12 is a bit mutch and knock a few quid off?. Or take the £ as she happy to pay. Also wonder if I'm going to **** off her windi if he comes back. Aparantly he's not been seen for a while.

i had one similar, guy gave me loads of work when I first started ( free what a winner } it was £17house

now did I touch the woman three windows front of house three back and conny ,did feel bad to start with

it takes 20 mins tops.

Bearing in mind done it for eight years, so god knows how long before she had been paying that price

Next time I would knock and find out if her old window cleaner came back, as they could have had a good reason for not coming back, if he hasn't then you should be ok, if he has came back:gush: then keep an eye out:hey: and ask what she wants you to do, really want to keep the peace with all involved.

Whats to say? Perhaps you should consider why your prices are so cheap in a village that obviously will pay good money?
My pricing is a higher than two of the other local lads. Lowest price is 8 for sml bungalows. I would price it at ten. it's ten minutes work. Part of a row of 7 so might be more if he had more and is missing. I did leaflet them after all. I do two like it on the next Road at ten so seems fair. Don't won't to be seen as undercutting if he does come back though.

Back