using a car

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by dave_m141, Apr 28, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dave_m141

dave_m141 Member

Im all new to the game..Only got myself a few jobs but I am getting better by the day. Didn't think there is any point getting a van to start with as didn't no how it was going to work out.. I just feel like a right plonker in it driving with a ladder on.. Anyone else use just a little car with ladder on?

Advertisement
  2. sdrah

sdrah Guest

i know local window cleaners driving micra so no worries what you drive - to get started everything will do

3. dave_m141

dave_m141 Member

A micra!? Ha I couldn't drive that.. to be honest. I don't think I would even fit in one! Ha

This is my run about 'beast'

Attached Files:

4. TolishAPurd

Most customers don't care, there are loads of windies round here doing the same. With a tidy car like that I reckon it looks alright. Maybe get some small magnetic signs if you want to dress it up a bit.

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Can't see what the what the problem is myself. You've got wheels, so you can earn a crust! :thumbsup:

6. dave_m141

dave_m141 Member

I was just told by another window cleaner 'oh you look sh#t, you wont get work' . So just thought id ask!

7. sdrah

sdrah Guest

when i do knock at ppls door or when clean their windows I never drive my van to their door step - lots of them dont even know what i drive few of them never saw me etc

8. sdrah

sdrah Guest

all they care is the quality and price (mostly)

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#9 Smurf, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    Yep I thought it may have been another window cleaner somehow.

If you are that worried about looking unprofessional and you want to drum extra work get your car sign written professionally, wear smart branded workware and use branded stationery. It all may seem a bit over the top but first appearances count. Its all free passive advertising too so will soon pay for itself.

I operated a local carpet cleaning service from home many moons ago using an estate car which was sign written and looked the part. I also wore smart branded workwear and used branded stationery and leaflets etc that worked well for me. May I add that was before the internet was born as we know it today. :D

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you do get the car sign written also get a professional looking website knocked up and include the web address on it too. You will be surprised how many so say curtain twitchers will want to find out more about who you are and what you do first before they contact you.

I would say the most important thing thesdays is to be on the internet and the likes of Njones can build you a professional site.

Advertisement