Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting out again

HALTON

If you was to start again from scratch how would you approach it.

How would you start day one.

What plan of action would you have.

Would you have a business plan if so what

How would you go about starting over again

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I would do the same as i have always done

Get the ladders out (wfp nowadays)

Walk the steeets with leaflets in my pocket and canvass my **** off

Clean them next day and then leaflet and canvass again once finished

Soon be back up and running

When i started back up i also did a driving job full time and gradually cut my hours back until i no longer needed it but in reality that slowed growth as i couldn't dedicate all my time to the business

I would do the same as i have always doneGet the ladders out (wfp nowadays)

Walk the steeets with leaflets in my pocket and canvass my **** off

Clean them next day and then leaflet and canvass again once finished

Soon be back up and running

When i started back up i also did a driving job full time and gradually cut my hours back until i no longer needed it but in reality that slowed growth as i couldn't dedicate all my time to the business
And what would your canvassing pitch be

Hello/alright sweetheart /afternoon/ 'scuse me darlin do you need a window cleaner

Not exactly rocket science but works well for me

Must be my friendly demeanor /emoticons/wink.png

I have said it before but i believe no script can beat just being friendly and confident

And of course knowing what you are talking about

I've never knocked on a door asking if they want a window cleaner in 35 years. I'm a shy ole boy in that way. I would rather buy a round if I had the cash and spend 4 months or whatever working to get my money back rather than spends months knocking on doors.

If starting with no money at all i would canvass and clean for a week and then use some of the money earnt to order from vistaprint of somewhere equally as cheap

Leaflets only help by targetting those not in when you knock but you could do without

I don't have business cards anymore as i find them unnecessary

If someone wants one they can have one of my leaflets

I've never knocked on a door asking if they want a window cleaner in 35 years. I'm a shy ole boy in that way. I would rather buy a round if I had the cash and spend 4 months or whatever working to get my money back rather than spends months knocking on doors.
So you no cash to buy round how would you do it if you don't like knocking doors

So number 1 go out canvassing But we need leaflet what would you put on leaflet would you get it designed for you or would you do it

As you can tell i will speak to anyone and don't do the shy/nervous thing

Most someone can do is say no..that to me is just eliminating another household that doesn't need my services and hopefully getting me closer to the next yes

It really depends how much cash you have to start up with?

I wouldnt have a logo'd up uniform initially, but a couple of plain polo shirts, some tidy work trousers, can go a long way to making a good impression...

I'd use Facebook initially to advertise and pick up work, and then spend on having a quality website built...

What about uniform or logo design?
Uniform ..logo etc are all unnecessary items

You can have them if you want but to start from scratch you need tools and customers and thats it

Everything else is just stuff to help or give a good image later on

Save up enough money in your employed job to last you 6 months.

Quit job canvass and clean Everday and you will probably be full long before your 6 months money runs out

That's how simple it is.

Unfortunately your head will play tricks on you and tell you it can't be done and fe k everything up so u will prob spend years decking about with leaflets facebook part time jobs etc wasting time and dragging it out lol

Truth be told I wouldn't want to do it again . Getting to where I am now has been the most stressful experience of my life and that stress hasn't gone away quite yet. Ive found it hard, very hard.

I have always found it quite easy

Knock doors

Leaflet

Facebook

Clean new customers

Repeat

What is stressfull about that?

Have been cleaning for one month to the day, cleaned for the second time my first customers plus an one extra customer today, in one month I have 32 4 weekly and 4 8 weekly customers never canvassed, only leaflet dropped, had a couple of walk-ups, Facebook but most of all word of mouth had a great response from my customers have picked a couple when leaflet dropping sort of canvassed when I have seen the garden for instance. I have a polo shirt with Company name and my name embroidered on shirt also my son in law is a sign writer so he done all my flyers which I ordered from vista print he also sign written my van have 3 more to quote tommorrow also a village hall to quote. Have worn out three pairs on pumps though lol. Just keep pushing the leaflets out and canvass at the same time.

I have always found it quite easyKnock doors

Leaflet

Facebook

Clean new customers

Repeat

What is stressfull about that?
Not being able to knock doors

saturated with windys, low prices

wasting money on canvassers, websites, leaflets,

messers, bad payers, *****

doubt, low confidence

being skint, struggling

dependants, not being able to pay bills

etc etc

its different for all of us, but ive struggled with so many aspects. But i feel much better now

Back