Using a landrover instead of a van?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by slippy, Nov 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

A gardener told me that his landrover was much better than his pick up (he had a Nissan or such like) better pulling power as well and more space than a van. And can take things down tip for free. Could u get a tank for wfp into the back of a landrover? I am still thinking what vehicle to get!

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Souters

They use landrover pick ups

3. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

if you do a lot of miles there not the best on fuel ,I thing mine does around 25ish pottering around empty

4. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

me and my mate stripped a land rover defender 90 right back to the chassis and rebuilt it back up new engine suspension galvanised chassis.

i have often thought about using one for work, but in my opinion they're very lumpy to drive around town, but if that doesn't bother you then they would make a perfect vehicle to clean windows out of. Look for one with a galv chassis and you will have a perfect vehicle in terms of not rusting. also a lot of clearance underneath to bolt your tank

5. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I drive a Transit. There is no way I could get all my kit into a 110. Also if you get a standard commercial the door opening is only 900 mm which will make getting a tank in difficult. If you find a way to make this work for you, let me know because I would love to get one.

6. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

On 'proper' Landys you just unbolt the roof, position and fit tank etc then replace roof.....simples :thumbs:.

7. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Thanks Mate.

8. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

I guess to stop them rusting line the floor with plastic for protection. Wouldn't it make a better family vehicle than a van as well! Could get mower etc in for gardening I reckon.

Advertisement