Using a trigger or tap?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by steve hawing, Apr 4, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steve hawing

steve hawing Active Member

Ok so I'm looking for a system and I'm trying to find out if I can put a trigger or something on the pole to stop the flow of water while I'm going from window to window, front to back etc or what do the rest of you do? Does a trigger put more strain on the pump wearing it out faster? Just thinkin I'll be losing fair bit of water if I can stop the flow if needed

Advertisement
  2. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

3. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

4. steve hawing

steve hawing Active Member

Ok quick couple of question in those lads
    The tap, wouldn't it be away up the hose if the pole was extended so you would have to Lower pole to access it resulting in loss of water anyway?
    The trigger I like the look of tbh do you keep feeding the hose through it the the required length then clip it in?
    The aqua adaptor how does this work? Is it a one pull for on and two for off kind of thing or do you keep it pulled out the restrict flow?
    Cheers

5. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

The Taps go at the bottom of the pole mate, by your hands. With a Tap you get a loop of hose that goes up the pole when extended. Same with a Trigger. The AquaDapter is at the top of the pole and you tug the hose , once I think, for on and once for off. The AquqaTap is at the top of the pole. you twist the pole 1/4 turn one way for on and 1/4 turn back, for off. With AquaTap and Aquadapter you dont get the loop of hose so its much better

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

The 'Trigger' is the worst for the loop....could not get used to that ....done my head-in :devil::devil::devil:.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Aqua

Aqua Member

I use a tap but was really thinking of going for the aquadapter until someone told me they tried one for a day and found the extra weight at the brush was really noticeable. They said they hated it, so its put me off a bit. Has anyone else found that is true?

8. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Aquatap for me . It's made from plastic/ type of material . So light aswell. £30 each had mine over a year now ,still going strong .

9. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Will the aquatap work with a swivel head?

10. sambo

sambo Member

Found the Unger hiflo on off switch (cleaning spot for £15) really good. Clipped it onto pole and used the Velcro strips that also come supplied as an added security against it falling off. Found it simple and tough so should last a while. Means i don't need to scrabble around looking for the little bloody tap on the hose

Advertisement