Using Facebook And Twitter To Advitise?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by WJCN64, Feb 2, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

Question... Can i just create a facebook or Twitter acount for free to advitise my buisness or would i have to pay any extra?

p.s. would it be worth it?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Yer both free to set up. Picked up several jobs off twitter, mainly commercial jobs, got some off Facebook but don't spend much time on my here with it.

3. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

Cool any advice how to make it look good?

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Using good pictures, wording, joining all sorts of selling groups around your area and post your Page and services in them,

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Like any good advertising it's got to grab attention in a split second or people won't even look at what it says. I just normally use my logo on FB or you can do something like I did for Dave (CNS). Both in my gallery on the forum if you want to see what I mean.

6. chip

chip Guru

I'm gonna sound daft. Real daft as I don't imbibe in either, but I thought that these things revolved around people you know, or idiots you were glad to leave behind at school but for some reason feel the urge to become mates with now. Thus the question, how does that generate work?

7. Dodger

Dodger Hero

When you put ads on for sale/wanted groups Chip there are potentially thousands of members of that group, for instance this one around worksop http://www.facebook.com/groups/121377241242064/ has around 6500 members so your ad could potentially be seen by all of those people.

8. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

I have a facebook business account and page but not a personal account. I would like to get a personal page so I can join groups and advertise my business page. Does anyone how I can do this?

9. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I'm presuming the business account is what would normally be your personal one, just convert the account to your personal one and keep the page business, again I'm just presuming thats what you're saying.

10. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I didn't have a personal page/ account because I don't like facebook in general (people telling each other what they had for dinner and how amazing their kids are) but I set up a business page to try and get more work.

But because I don't have a personal account too (whichpeople switch to when they want to join groups and like other businesses) I can't like anything or join any groups with just a business page. You need a personal account/ page too I think. Most people set up a personal page first then add a busiess page but I'm trying to do it the other way around?

Advertisement