Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Enquiries that won't let you visit to quote.

Eddie dragon

Never had this before but got two this week. One even says it's difficult access. 

Explained that always visit to quote. Windows vary in size so much that saying, ten windows an a door doesn't work for me I won't to see what I'm dealing with. One just outright wonted quote emailed. It's window cleaning it Carnt be that difficult cheeky sod replied. Sent him an estimate of £30-£40 for a three bedroom house ?. Other one emailed a few times asking about insurance and method. Full conservatory gsf. Difficult access but won't give a time to quote. Just emails another question. Feel another silly estimate coming on. ? 

Don't waste your time following them up unless you need the work. I had a phone call earlier asking if I could do a deep clean on a shop front that's opening this Friday. Err no im too busy.

I had a call this Friday for a builders clean alarm bells started ringing when the bloke that phoned me claiming to be the site agent said the quote "had to be in that day"(he phoned at 3.30pm

i asked where the job was and he wouldn't give me an address.I said "I can't and won't quote blind"but yet he still wasn't keen to give me the site address.

He said he had all the info and proceeded to rattle of the number of doors and window it had(this was a big site around 300 units).

The conversation went back and forth with him asking stupid questions like "how much do I think"? "And how long will it take."?

To which I said that basically he must be on drugs if he thinks some one would be willing to price a job like that with out viewing it and he hung up.

The bloke was so stupid he called from a viewable number which I put in to google to see if it was registered and it was.

To a window cleaner.

Back