Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help me i'm turning into smurf

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Seems like i am gradually weaning myself off windows

I have 3 full weeks work a month at the mo but have been hammering the gutter fascia and conny cleaning as it seems popular round here

Thinking not to bother getting more window work as have made more from that this week

Just need to make a trolley and quadruple my prices and i will be smurf number 2

I can see the appeal of your line of work mate

Very lucrative

Just don't know about when the spring comes

Getting most of my work now from recommendations and people i know due to the shite weather and full gutters etc

Will have to sort a website etc

I can work for my mate anytime i want driving

Am getting seriously tempted to only do windows if it is part of the bigger job

No problem with doing windows..been doing it as long as i can remember

Just like the thought of less jobs for good money

I have about 2 weeks of work i would keep as all good custys and good jobs but I could happily bin the rest

I would happily travel.to the surrounding towns for that sort of job

Not much over 20 miles to london for me and 4 towns within 10 minute drive from mine

Tbh Hertfordshire isn't that big but lots of medium size towns

I would happily travel.to the surrounding towns for that sort of jobNot much over 20 miles to london for me and 4 towns within 10 minute drive from mine

Tbh Hertfordshire isn't that big but lots of medium size towns
Ah do you clean in Hertfordshire? /emoticons/smile.png I'm moving there in two months.

yep I do like the gutters when they are like mr gig er diggles but the one I went to afterwards wasn't so nice...yellow slimy flags and also a very steep roof and a gutter determined to hold onto its water....and I did try my yeeehaa lob the shite method and it just left wet ymarks all over the flags so I had to clean em so ...not all so easy...and people only want you when there is a problem....

Now you understand why I hate cleaning poxy windows but I still have a small selective round to keep me ticking over.

I can work for my mate anytime i want drivingAm getting seriously tempted to only do windows if it is part of the bigger job

No problem with doing windows..been doing it as long as i can remember

Just like the thought of less jobs for good money

I really enjoy window cleaning, but I'm glad it only forms a quarter of my work. It can be a lot of pis$ing about.

Back