Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Barbecue underneath window!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Degreaser and a scraper
Cheers, mate. I'm wondering if there's something that doesn't require the scraper part :) I have one particular window that's leaded, and takes ages with a scraper. Something I can just spray on, wipe with a floor cloth, then clean as usual...

What do you use that cuts through that toughened dried grease on the glass?
They're a pain, soapy water and/or a scraper or an acrylic bath scourer, depending how bad it is. If it is very bad, if they have barbies every week, then I don't do them, because it's just a waste of time.

Virosol is a very good degreaser

Citrus based and cuts through it easily

Ubik works mate

I think ubik is better on upvc..virosol is the same company and is a professional degreaser but ubik will do the same thing

I use virosol at the moment for 1st cleans wfp as no ubik left but have no problems with grease marks on the glass with either

Ubik works mateI think ubik is better on upvc..virosol is the same company and is a professional degreaser but ubik will do the same thing

I use virosol at the moment for 1st cleans wfp as no ubik left but have no problems with grease marks on the glass with either
That's great, Dave, Thanks, Bud. Out of interest, how do you apply Ubik to the top windows?? Spray some on brush??...and do you use it neat??

ahhhhhhh well....me been here done that got the t shirt....

yeh feckin a hole custys..

me use....well I started out with saying hey you ******...put your feckin barby away from the windows...okay that was boar not me..but..

I simply said....heat put it on and so I cant get it off with out....ovencleaner..

and yes...I do expect them to supply but...

oh it fecking :turd::turd::turd: up your kit so..the hunt was on..

and so I simply told one ****** of a custy..politely of course....er..you put it on...you can fecking get it off...and bless him..he said...well actually...I have the stuff to remove ...its recommended by my wood burner stove supplier and I immediately went and purchased some for £6.99 okay call it £7 then..and it works ...great..

yeh kit still gets a bit :turd: though...

and me...yep I only really clean in september as thats hopefully the end...yeh I know some dippy sticks still come out and barby in october ...IN THEIR SHORTS...yeh daveyboy...:rofl:

ahhhhhhh well....me been here done that got the t shirt....
yeh feckin a hole custys..

me use....well I started out with saying hey you ******...put your feckin barby away from the windows...okay that was boar not me..but..

I simply said....heat put it on and so I cant get it off with out....ovencleaner..

and yes...I do expect them to supply but...

oh it fecking :turd::turd::turd: up your kit so..the hunt was on..

and so I simply told one ****** of a custy..politely of course....er..you put it on...you can fecking get it off...and bless him..he said...well actually...I have the stuff to remove ...its recommended by my wood burner stove supplier and I immediately went and purchased some for £6.99 okay call it £7 then..and it works ...great..

yeh kit still gets a bit :turd: though...

and me...yep I only really clean in september as thats hopefully the end...yeh I know some dippy sticks still come out and barby in october ...IN THEIR SHORTS...yeh daveyboy...:rofl:
U on the booze tonight, Cheepie?? lol

U not gonna tell us your little trade secrets name??

er yes to on tha booze coz its whisky season now...

and as for the trade name ...oh feck really ...go out into the dark and open the boot...okay hang on...

stovax...dont ask me google...

I'm in shorts as long as the snow is not here cheapie..

That's great, Dave, Thanks, Bud. Out of interest, how do you apply Ubik to the top windows?? Spray some on brush??...and do you use it neat??
I have a spray bottle with ubik and water diluted about a quarter ubik and the rest water when i actually have some and just spray on the brush (not much needed) and then give a good scrub like normal

At the moment i have a 5l container with a mixture of asda eco washing up liquid, virosol, vinegar and pure..no specific quantities but it is a mixture of stuff i had left so i could reduce the amount of half full bottles i was driving around with..this gets used in a sprayer with extra pure if i need to trad anyting with my wagulator or just a dribble poured over the brush to do a whole average house new clean

I'm in shorts as long as the snow is not here cheapie..
I have a spray bottle with ubik and water diluted about a quarter ubik and the rest water when i actually have some and just spray on the brush (not much needed) and then give a good scrub like normal

At the moment i have a 5l container with a mixture of asda eco washing up liquid, virosol, vinegar and pure..no specific quantities but it is a mixture of stuff i had left so i could reduce the amount of half full bottles i was driving around with..this gets used in a sprayer with extra pure if i need to trad anyting with my wagulator or just a dribble poured over the brush to do a whole average house new clean
Nice one, Dave. Gonna give Ubik a go. Should be here by tomoz. Finished off in Bushey Heath today btw!

yeh you met disability annie then clearview...oh my brand spanking new corsa doesnt have a cd player anymore....now where is my blue badge for er...being er....fat..no cant say that ...er...oversize...nope er...drinks too much diet coke...no er...cursed by the over weight disease...yeh...cursed thats right...

I WILL STRUGGLE ON WORKIN MA ******** OFF IN MA OLD CAR..AND WALK FROM WHERE I PARK.....yeh love ya neighbours.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I've got one fuckwit customer that has the bbq under the kitchen window, leaves the glass covered in dried, sun baked on fat, makes a right mess of my mop. I sometimes grab their bottle of washing up liquid from the kitchen sink and squirt loads on the glass, with a good scrubbing it comes up pretty good quickly.

I've got one fuckwit customer that has the bbq under the kitchen window, leaves the glass covered in dried, sun baked on fat, makes a right mess of my mop. I sometimes grab their bottle of washing up liquid from the kitchen sink and squirt loads on the glass, with a good scrubbing it comes up pretty good quickly.
That has been my method up until now.

Nice one, Dave. Gonna give Ubik a go. Should be here by tomoz. Finished off in Bushey Heath today btw!
I was in bushey mill road i think it is called this afternoon visiting a friend and then went to sainsburys in watford opposite the big asda

You aren't that far away from me then

I'm just giving thought to something else someone mentioned in another thread - IPA Alcohol!!

Its a double window, so gonna try one Ubik, and one Alcohol next month. Gonna order some now!

I was in bushey mill road i think it is called this afternoon visiting a friend and then went to sainsburys in watford opposite the big asdaYou aren't that far away from me then
Little Bushey Lane! My brother lives off of there. I lived there for 3 years. I usually use that Sainsbury's for free air!!

Back