Using two DI vessels

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by TJWindows, Mar 3, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TJWindows

TJWindows Member

Hi
    I have just set up two 11 litre DI vessels in my van, so the tap water (TDS 70) runs through one vessel and then through the other and into the tank. I have read somewhere that this makes your resin last much longer. So when the TDS starts to rise from the second vessel, you change the resin in the first vessel and swap them round. Hard to explain, but hope you understand, basically the resin in the second vessel is not having to work as hard polishing the water as the water from the first rises gradually from zero, thus making pure water for a longer period of time.
    Does anyone else do this and if so does there resin last longer?
    I hope so lol

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I do this, this is what I have always done so can't compare to anything else. One thing I will say though is most people recommended having your DI's after the tank.

So water from tap into tank, through pump, into DI and then out through pole.

I uses to have mine set up like yours but found that the water in the tank especially if left in for a day or two can get contaminated. Mine went a but green this was in the summer when very hot and left for a couple of days or so. Anyway my point is I guess that if the DI is the last thing the water goes through before the pole then your less likely to have impure water. :D

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

3. chip

chip Guru

won't it go greener faster if it's tapwater to tank? i see what you mean though, but if algae went through the pump it could clog it?
    how about a di either side? :)

4. mark m

mark m Hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ByAEWOZ-cE

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

You have a point chip. Don't know if there really is a right or wrong way.

I used to have di before tank but many said that you should have di after. I think my resin may last a little longer with di after maybe because I used to put the tap on full to fill tank where as the pump, pumps water slower through di.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

6. TJWindows

TJWindows Member

Cheers guys for your comments, its got me thinking, I will leave them as they are for now and see when I next need to change the second vessel, I will post results on here.

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Think something similar to this has gone over on posts before. I have noe experience of running two vessels, so i cant say for certain one way or the other. However, surely a given amount of resin is going to purify a given amount of water?, regardless of how that resin is arranged, be it one small vessel, or two large ones or whatever. So personally, i cant really see how it can last longer with two vessels.

8. simon

simon Guru

i do it this way - i run 1 vessel until it gets to about 12 then i change it so that old resin now goes next to my tap which is 36 - so - my new resin is getting water at 12 instead of 36, so ive now got 2 vessels i keep checking my old resin until that gets to 36 then its back to 1 resin vessel until that gets to 12 then its back to 2 vessels
    otherwise you are chucking resin thats still working it can take a month for the old resin to go from 12 to 36

9. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

That doesnt change what i just said though Simon, unless you have tried using one vessel with the same capacity as your two combined?. As for changing the resin at 12, well i change mine at 10, so that isnt really applicable, never mind 36!.
    If someone out there has concrete proof that 25 litres of resin last longer, split between two vessels, than it does with one, fair enough, otherwise i will just stick to my one vessel system.

10. James

James Guru

I can't personally see how it would last longer split between two vessels? Maybe the resin wouldn't be working as hard if they were split into two vessels instead of just the one. But I have no 100% accurate facts on this.

Advertisement