Using waterfed poles for trad

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by DannyB, Nov 5, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. DannyB

DannyB Active Member

As the WFPs can be extremely light and much longer than normally available trad poles, I'd wonder if there are some tradders out here who would use them instead of trad poles, but still in the traditional way, for cleaning higher floor windows. Would any tradder around, in some circumstances, mount some traditional mops, Wagtail squeegees or traditional combination tools on the ends of WFPs?

Advertisement
  2. mark

mark Forum Addict

yes danny,a very good pole & cheap too which you can use both 4 trad and wfp is the good old harris pole oh and 4 gutters.i used one for years & they are pretty light.pinched me fingers a few times on the clamps though!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

4. DannyB

DannyB Active Member

Cheers mate. But Harris poles aren't particularly long, are they. I've bought one, and it seems to me absolutely comparable to Moerman or Lewi trad poles. But I'd really prefer something longer and lighter. Something that would easily reach even some odd dormer windows over 10m above the ground level. And I'm not even talking about some high windows reachable only in some impossible angles, for instance due to obstructing ground floor extensions or bays...

5. mark

mark Forum Addict

no rugbywolf but you can make a very cheap wfp set up with these.look at waggas vids,also an excellent trad pole:thumbsup:

6. mark

mark Forum Addict

you can use any pole for trad use.gardiners pole systems sell an end cone that will enable you to use a squeegee or an applicator with a wfp.the reason I mentioned the harris pole,its ridged like all trad poles.i think going to high with a wfp for trad use would be too whippy & not enough control:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. DannyB

DannyB Active Member

Sure mate. But I'd really like to combine the WFP, trad and pre-trad (chamois) worlds in as resourceful way as possible, even in ways not intended by manufacturers and suppliers. But as far as I have learnt so far, almost everyone else is willing to associate the WFP equipment only with purified water.

But WFPs are lighter and longer than all Lewi, Moerman and Harris poles, aren't they. And they can sustain the weight of trad tools either, if they already must sustain the weight of brushes. Or am I wrong?

8. DannyB

DannyB Active Member

Significantly more whippy than with Harris, Moerman or Lewi trad poles under otherwise the same circumstances?

9. DannyB

DannyB Active Member

You may be right, mark The WFPs seem very elastic on vids. But I may try it anyway. The poles as such (unlike the whole WFP systems) don't cost fortune, and I, even as a complete starter, strongly prefer a trad polework to any ladders. To put it more dramatic, I love poles and hate ladders.

10. mark

mark Forum Addict

hey dannyb!!!you should look at waggas you tube vids- on cleaning trad with a pole.he cleans windows with a wagtail & can even wipes the cills,trust me this is a skill & half. maybe this will help.thats if you've not seen them already:thumbsup:

Advertisement