Vacuuming roof

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by bill, Jun 9, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. bill

bill Active Member

Has anybody used their guttervac to remove moss from roofs and is their an attachment to make it easier many thanks

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yes I have and I think you would be wasting your time trying as would take ages to do even a small area as moss is usually stuck on house roof tiles like superglue. You may find some lose moss up there but you would still need to scrap most tiles first to free the moss growth bond with each part of the tile including the tile edges and gaps then try sucking it up.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Still I find a vac very handy for various jobs around properties not just for house gutter clearing.;)

4. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

I used mine to demoss a pitched garage roof. It was a lot slower going than the gutter clear, I had to scrape and suck each stuck on clod. I got about 80% that way. Wouldn't like to try on a first storey roof, or rather the quote would include scaffold tower and a day

A home made end piece with protruding filed down base scrape section would Prob make it easier, bent to the correct angle for the pole angle in operation

5. bill

bill Active Member

Thanks smurf wit other uses

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Loads especially when frank is about :D

7. Frank Feck Up

Frank Feck Up Member

You called ::-P:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Utterly Gutterly

I have scraped/vacuumed the odd roof if I don't want to go on it due to safety reasons. I use the Wolfgarten patio scraper attached to a 4m pole and as long as the roof is fairly steep most of the moss will fall down to the gutters and I vac them out. I can also vac the roof (after scraping) from the top of my ladder using normal vacuum tools and a 3m plastic (waste) pipe plugged into a 75mm downpipe which is fixed to my ladder!! You need to be harnessed on though as you need to use both hands to do the job. (Or work off a scaffold tower)

9. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

What kind of harness do you use Utterly Gutterly ?

Do you harness for hand tool gutter clears or just the vac roof clears? Be good to see a pic of your ladder set up with the down pipe :thumbsup:

10. bill

bill Active Member

Thanks utterly I'll order the scraper wit price do you charge for roof deck moss

Advertisement