Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do people think of the gardener composite pole

If you can save for it the slx will be a game changer for you after using that other rubbish

Clx is a bit whippy being a combination of materials whereas the slx is rigid and lighter and a joy to use

Saying that i am using a renegade aluminium pole at the mo albeit with gardiner brushes so what do i know lol

I borrowed a clx from a friend a while back when my slx broke, although I was grateful of the pole it was much more bendy in use.

Clx is good but if you can afford definitely go for slx

Get a CLX mate great pole. I have a 22ft one for years and love it. Just got a slx for my daughter. OK its better but at twice the price. As long as you aint reaching for the sky with it, a CLX will do you.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can't wait and don't yet have the funds, I'd agree with padman, go with the CLX. It is a good pole. But I've gotta be honest, the minute I started using an SLX I did regret spending my money too soon on the CLX as it was a lot bendier at full reach and more difficult to control. The SLX will set you in good stead if you take on extra work at full reach

I personally think for the money at heights lower than 30' the composite is fine. The slx is definitely better but the clx will be a vast improvement over your current pole. Not just the weight either, Gardiners clamps are really good too.

i am not taking the mick here but

your telling me that its your wife work and you only help her out on big jobs right ?

so I am guessing that shes either missing these out while your at work and waiting to do them when your free ?? if so this is losing at lot of money more then you think if your missing the 13th clean on the 4weekly work a year

or you could be loseing 100s ayear yet alone if your having to travel back to work she done in the same street that week or is she hold off that full street util your free each time again losing a lot of money

if any of the aboves right then wait abit longer and buy her a extreme pole , never mind what they cost as soon as you fit it with a uni-valve and a extreme brush she can do it all and not have to wait for you or move work earn you more money

we have a girl working for us , a skinny little thing that 5ft2 and weights 7 stone , her daily pole is a slx22 and anything higher then that shes on a extreme 35 with a extreme brush and carbon gooseneck and she needs no help from nobody and I would go as far as to say she a better cleaner then the guys !

Latest Posts

Back