Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder ban?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

C

Christian Eley

Hello,

I have been out working today, and mostly I work via WFP, but sometimes I do traditional to. I got told today by someone that we can't use ladders anymore? Apparently something to do with trading standards?

Do you need a training certificate or license? I've been using a ladder for some time now doing gutter clearance ect and haven't heard of this before.

Many thanks for your help

Chris

my nephew works in a ladder factory, its working flat out due to the big demand he was telling me. apparently the factory yard has had to be resurfaced recently because the trucks trundling in and out night and day wore thru the concrete!

i use my 7.5 meter ladder some times with no issue ladders are a must for some jobs if they band them they would be mad the hole hs thing gets up my goat people need to take responceability for there own actions now adays its some donky pen pusher sat in a office stating the rules but has probly never done the job:rolleyes: people have become stupid and can no longer think for there selfs what happend to making your own jugment on how to tackel the job in hand and taking responceability for ur self :rolleyes:

someone said this to me the other day while I was up a ladder ... so I climbed down and called him over and said "you best go tell b and q cos they're still selling ladders "then said to be honest I think you've got it mixed up ,you are allowed to use ladders up to a certain high ,if you have something to use other then ladders fair enough use poles, wfp ........ but if all you have is ladders then its all down to common sense

Back