Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gardiners 100 % fan jets

simon

just spent 3 days using them with a backpack , love em, definitely used less water and its easy to tell with a backpack and i think they sped me up a bit ,  your not gonna be home 3hrs early like lol but they are deff better than the red fans ive used for years, i rinse on the glass most windows but those i dont eg conservatories and ones near trees and bushes  i rinsed much quicker than normal 

I've been using them this week as well.  They are without doubt the best I've ever used.  They are loud though.  Haven't had a complaint yet but I know some have with other fanjets from night workers.  I asked one or two customers and they just said it just sounds like heavy rain for a few seconds.  But if you have a window open it will be more noticeable.

Yep, put them in an ultimate mixed bristle sill brush, had to cut a few bunches of the bristles out as they were getting in the way of the jets. Reduced controller flow, less water used. Did a factory windows on an industrial estate, last done 3 months ago, grey water coming from top of opener, thought oh God how will these turn out, went inside to trad them, looked beautiful, on one of the jobs, had a what's app message saying how clean the windows looked, no slur on my usual standard.
Gardiner well done done

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've not long tried fanjets for the first time, I have the red Gardiner ones and like them, however at low power like the video shows they perform less impressively, the new 100% even at half power look excellent with a good spread.  Next order I'll be adding a few of these.

My son uses an xline brush and the van mount so I've just managed to glue these gardiners jets into his brush he always uses full flow so next week will be interesting to see how he gets on and if he drops the flow at all

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use a 5lpm pump on my trolley and I like running on full flow.  I found that though these 100° fans do a really good job on 50-60%, when I turned them up I was working even faster than I usually do without even realising it.  I thought I was already working at my limit but I definitely got through more work each day and I didn't use any more water than I usually do.  I'm not talking mega amounts but a definite increase.

Im kind of missing the top frames where l feel l can to speed things up, not as standard just where l think its un-necassery.

I am hoping fan jets will still allow me to do this.

I will install them on my usual  brush with the pencils and switch when hydrophobic appears!

I have read that fans dont generate enough flow to push the dirt down the glass, could this be true?

Im kind of missing the top frames where l feel l can to speed things up, not as standard just where l think its un-necassery.

I will install them on my usual  brush with the pencils and switch when hydrophobic appears!

I have read that fans dont generate enough flow to push the dirt down the glass, could this be true?

On first cleans I give over the frames and vents a really good clean, most of the time only with pure water. Occasionally I will use Viro-sol if the frames are exceptionally dirty.  Subsequently I check out above the frames as I start and if I don't need to, I leave over the top and do the rest. As soon as I see dirt start to build up I'll do it again. Using this method I seldom get any significant spotting.  I encourage my customers to always be up front with me if there are problems they are concerned with.  This way you will get to know what works and what doesn't on all your jobs.

As far as fans not generating enough flow down the glass to wash away the dirt, that may be because those that reported that have tried to use them with a low flow rate.  I found this to be true.  However, push up the flow and you will find they work really well.  There is a rinsing technique you need to learn so as not to spray water up vents, but when you've mastered it you may well prefer them over pencils.  I certainly do.  I used to have both fitted to my brushes but not any more.  Just fans.

I have to say of coarse, that they may not suit some of your work, so you will have to work that one out for yourself.

It's my first year of water fed pole window cleaning ( this month?) and I've not used fanjets yet I run my backpack at about 2 o'clock 3 o'clock will that be enough pressure ? Also does it make a difference which holes on the brush you  put them in, my pencel jets are on the outer holes... and I'm not quite sure of the addvantages of fans?

Do many of you have both on the same brush and switch between the to types?

Tried them yesterday and they are realy loud!

Didint seem to be too effective they way l used them (like pencil jets)

Was realy dissapointed when l tried them on hydraphobic glass, they just created a mist all over the glass and couldnt see the flow on the glass.

Had to rinse 2-3 times to be sure, there was a lot of spray/mist on glass above the rinse l had done and couldnt tell if it was clean water or not. The rinse lacked definition.

Whtas the technique for using fan jets?

no its not, ive used fan jets for a few yr now and  dont wash the 2 types of glass any differently and never had a problem.

as long as you dont splash the top frame you can get away without washing it , easier if you rinse on the glass but if you dont its still do able 

Tried them yesterday and they are realy loud!

Didint seem to be too effective they way l used them (like pencil jets)

Was realy dissapointed when l tried them on hydraphobic glass, they just created a mist all over the glass and couldnt see the flow on the glass.

Had to rinse 2-3 times to be sure, there was a lot of spray/mist on glass above the rinse l had done and couldnt tell if it was clean water or not. The rinse lacked definition.

Whtas the technique for using fan jets?  it sounds like your rinsing off the glass and holding the brush too far away  fan jets need to be up close 

I've been using the wide fan jets for 2weeks now no complaints but don't feel comfortable using them as can't tell if they have been rinsed proply as it  misty finish so took the brush off today and put a pencil jet brush back on, I like to see the window being rinsed proply l will  use the fan brush for upvc cleaning 

A word of caution when using fans on high flow, be careful when cleaning the ledges if your water is still running. You can blast water off the ledge back up on the glass leaving marks when it dries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back