van insurance for 21 year old driver with motoring conviction

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harunh, Feb 18, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

Ive got a past motoring conviction its been 2 years since i got convicted .... It was a CD80 offence... and i had a bad accident... It happens but its really coming back to haunt me ... but its hard for me to get cheap insurance on a vauuxhall astra club 1248 ( 1.3L )

Does everyone here have business insurance or normal car insurance ? ? ? ?

I know that we all have public liability insurance :)

I will only be carrying a trolley system with me so an astra van would be fine for me :)

Whats the best way to go from here?

I have considered getting someone else insured on my car and putting down any driver over 21 can drive it that would make me legible to drive it :)

but any other ways?

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

Hi mate,
    Im 23 with 6 points n pay £1200.

Adrien fluxx.
    They deal with modified vauxhalls.
    And do commercial vehicals.
    Tell them you have mods;
    Tinted rear window,
    Alloy wheels,
    And water tank in the back.
    They will do a good quote. They only insure modded motors tho. Its worth a try.
    Also tell them your in a club (astraownersclub.com)
    Or you saw there stand at performance vauxhall show.

Hope this helps.

Adrien fluxx - 0800 083 8833

3. harunh

harunh Legend

but 6 points is nothing compared to my conviction mate....6 points is so minor... my offence is a CD80 :) 9/10 insurance companies dont even look at me.I appreciate your help though :)

Someone please help me and reply to my post

4. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

your best bet is to just try the compare insurance sites you can do quotes with just you as a driver or add someone and see which way works out cheaper also try going fully comp i know it sounds wierd but its actually cheaper for me to be fully comp. and to be honest your gona pay a lot any way im 27 with 4 years ncb and no points or accidents and i still pay 670 for a 1.4 rover

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

with a cd80, u got two options, as most insurance wont touch you after that conviction, did you get a ban as well

1, go trad and walk
    2, get someone to drive you who can get insurance, but i think you will be paying a fortune for a few years, so you would need loads of work just to pay your insurance

6. harunh

harunh Legend

i got a 12 month ban. im thinking of getting a corsa van what do you think ?

7. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

no, as i think it will be like that for about 4 years, they will charge you a fortune, do you kow any one over 40 who isnt work and start the business with them

8. harunh

harunh Legend

stays on record for 60 months ! im 21 months through it now ! and partnership in window cleaning is no good to me. I believe i can only make it work by my self !

but insurance on a corsa van would be much cheaper then a astra van !

9. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

not really with your convictions, i dont think it would make much difference, go on gocompare and see what the difference is

you could make it work, but you might end up paying a fortune for insurance and make job not worth it,

10. harunh

harunh Legend

I know a lad who does cheap insurance its all legit he said he can get me decent cheap insurance and its all legit im going to see how that goes :)

Advertisement