Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose reels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

I am about to buy a new hose (6mm Microbore) as I have worn the life out of mine. It has served well as I have had it for over three years.

I have also decided to buy a new purpose built hose reel as my current reel is a metal B & Q one, that I stand on the ground when in use.

What reels do you guys use?

Do you use it static Andy? If not how do you secure it?
Its sat on a rubber mat to stop it wrecking the protecta kote in the back of my van and held down with a ratchet strap, if i need it out to work and lock the van i just release the strap and lift it out otherwise i usually work with it sat in the van.

I can't get on with the reel in the van. I have tried a few times but always revert to standing it on the ground.
Whys that then? When i started i used to bring the reel out , but found it was slowing me down to much, now i get peed off if i have to take it out /emoticons/wink.png

Whys that then? When i started i used to bring the reel out , but found it was slowing me down to much, now i get peed off if i have to take it out /emoticons/wink.png
I think its the pulling out enough hose. If I stand it out I can turn it to face the job no matter how I park. I can just walk with the hose. If its in the van, I have to judge how much I need and pull it clear of the van.

I can't get on with the reel in the van. I have tried a few times but always revert to standing it on the ground.
I tried it on my first day of van mount. I kept pulling the reel over and got slightly mad with it. I secured the reel in the van at the first opportunity. I always count the amount of feet I need as I pull the hose to the first corner, then drag the end of the hose to where I need to start.

I tried it on my first day of van mount. I kept pulling the reel over and got slightly mad with it. I secured the reel in the van at the first opportunity. I always count the amount of feet I need as I pull the hose to the first corner, then drag the end of the hose to where I need to start.
So do you ensure the rear of the van is facing the property? Also I never 'fixed' the reel in the van, I just left it stood there. That just made it really difficult to crank the handle to reel it in. So I guess I should secure it and try again.

Yes, face the rear towards the property. If your van floor is ply, add another piece slightly bigger than the reel base. Screw it down well.

View attachment 3584 I have just brought some hose from CleaningSpot it cost me £56 in delivery 100m microbore. Unfortunately I found out the hard way mate, you know those jobs when you look at it and think "definitely a two man job!" ? Well I really should start listening to those to those voices in my head Lmfao :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just brought some hose from CleaningSpot it cost me £56 in delivery 100m microbore. Unfortunately I found out the hard way mate, you know those jobs when you look at it and think "definitely a two man job!" ? Well I really should start listening to those to those voices in my head Lmfao :whistle:
One very frustrated hour late....

View attachment 3585

I leave reel in van if its just a front. Normally always put hose on floor. Face direction and keep pulling. The pain is lifting it back in van. I once left it in van, pulled and it fell out and broke

Back