Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van insurance

Depends on ur company...just to be safe I called mine & told them & no increase in premium, plus they know. Better safe than sorry.

Will the premium go up if you have one bolted in?

I'm having mine fitted on Monday, that's if the Protecta kote turns up, ordered it on Tuesday from Pure Freedom but it hasn't turned up yet!!

It's entirely up to the company...each are different. I'd imagine they would see that as a permanent modification..so maybe.

What I said to them was it's removable...just the same as a builder carrying a load of bricks, and you wouldn't charge a bricky for carrying bricks...in fact, he wouldn't even need to tell you, so what's the difference with me carrying a tank of water?

Not sure that made any difference, but they said no problem.

That's really good advice mylittlecleaningcompany and your best off telling the insurance company worst you have to pay a few quid in premiums or doing bird :)

I agree - better safe than sorry.

My insurance company were happy - no change in premiums.

Did make sure I emailed the details, and kept reply - no proof of what has been said in a phone call.

Back