Van insurance

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by heyoh, Dec 8, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

So I just got off the phone getting my new insurance with Octagon, and am so happy as I saved a 1000 pounds next year.
    I just thought i would share my experince, because what happened was, the lady on the phone told me straight away they couldn't insure me with the water tannk. I read old posts about this issue, and basically said this:

Thanks windyman.
    I asked for the manager, she said she would put him through, after 2 minutes same lady tells me 'yes we can insure your van, as your water tank isn't classified as modification.

Well happy with my monthly installments!

Advertisement
  2. johnny bravo

well how much.;)

3. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

I paid 195 each month for a year...:eek: now it's only 92 quid a month, with breakdown cover and tools insured as well

4. abs

abs Guru

Alexander swan are a fantastic insurance company , if you crash they will deliver a van fully laden with hot wash and 600 ltr tank while yours is being fixed , had to use then a few times

5. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Wow heyho, I know that price is a lot better than u were paying, but it still seems a lot. I need to get a small van in new year, so will need to get some proper quotes, but I hope I don't have to pay anything like that lol. I only pay about £140 a year for my car at the moment, but I did one van quote online and it was about £250.
    Are u young by any chance:D.

Also I'm still not sure what they class as a modification. If u bolt tank down is it classed as mod?, or do u get round it by only strapping it in?

6. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

having this argument on a the other big window cleaning forum. Strapped or bolted, it all depends on the insurance company and what their criteria is.

7. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

I am fairly young haha:D 27... Got this price with 2 years NCB, and one accident in the last 3 years.
    I envy people like you so much though, I mean I pay for my mobile contract that much in a year...
    I believe they don't consider a tank with straps as modification, because it's 'removable'

8. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I insure with A-Plan

Fully Comp. Fitted tank. Ford Transit £295 per year

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

A-Plan for me too :thumbsup:

10. abs

abs Guru

I insure 4 vehicles and only pay £900 a year for all 4

Advertisement